What's Happening in the Metro

803metlife

Vista Lights - Thursday, November 15th :fun:

The 22nd annual event will take place in the heart of the Vista from 5pm to 10pm.....or later for some. More than 60 galleries, restaurants, shops, businesses and bars will be open late. There will be lots of live entertaiment, food and drink specials, free gifts, and the of course the lights, including the traditional tree-lighting ceremony at 7pm next to "River Runner Outdoor Center" at Lincoln and Gervais Streets.

Gervais St. will be closed from Assembly to Gadsden St with plenty of free parking nearby. This is a great way to get into the holiday spirit and see what all the Vista has to offer. :wub:

For more details, check this week's FreeTimes

Edited by BrasilnSC

^Both of those will be very well attended, I'm sure. Hip hop and R&B concerts usually do quite well in Columbia.

The Double Up tour is interesting. Instead of hitting up cities in the same vicinity around the same time, it's doing a lot of jumping around. For instance, they were in Greensboro on the 16th, then skipped down to Birmingham on yesterday, and they're in Charlotte tonight. I would think it would just make sense to hit Greensboro, then come down to Charlotte, then hit Greenville, Columbia, etc.

• 8 months later...

Russ Par Bus Tour (Today) FREE

http://www.russbustour.com/RussParrBusTour2008/default.asp

South Carolina State Museum

301 Gevias Street

Columbia, SC 29201

(803) 737-4667

Time: 6 a.m. - 10 a.m.

Performers on the Tour:

Day 26

Slim (112)

Sean Garrett

Mishon

Keri Hilson

Ray Lavender

DJ Khaled / Ace Hood

Jazmine Sullivan

Young Steff

Maino

Pleasure P

• 1 month later...

My partner and I made our way through the Viva La Vista crowd after watching the Gamecocks play at the now SMOKE-FREE Wild Hare, and for a first annual event it was a major hit. The lines were long and the people were about as thick as they could stick on Lincoln Street from Lady to Senate.

• 5 months later...

The St. Pat's in 5 pts festival is this Saturday and while the weather doesn't look to be the best, it should still be a lot of fun with some great bands like The Movement, Mute Math, and We the Kings to name a few. I've bought my advance tickets and plan on drinking like an Irishman. Hopefully it won't be a complete washout, but that won't stop me (the tornados last year didn't) :shades:

Some improvements include more recycling stations and bike valets. Here's the website for all the details: St. Pat's in Five Points

• 5 months later...

Looks like the Vista will be the spot for this weekend with Viva La Vista and the Free Times Music Crawl going on. And of course, the sports bars and wing joints will be packed while the GA vs. SC game is going on.

Gay Pride is this weekend, as well. The first event of Friday night, at the White Mule, was packed.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...