NYC, Chicago look at banning trans fats

Carter711

I love this picture, appropriate for this discussion:

counterpoints.jpg

:blink::shok::silly:

WTF??? That is over the top. If you can't handle stairs, what else useful is there that you can do in the gym? The escalator serves no real handicap accessibility function, the only purpose that comes to mind (that does not violate common sense and some other things I can't properly verbalize) is for the employees who are not directly associated with the activity based gym functions. Yes, I know this is intended as an example of our current society and it's trends and consequences, but even that does not properly explain what is seen in this picture.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blink::shok::silly:

WTF??? That is over the top. If you can't handle stairs, what else useful is there that you can do in the gym? The escalator serves no real handicap accessibility function, the only purpose that comes to mind (that does not violate common sense and some other things I can't properly verbalize) is for the employees who are not directly associated with the activity based gym functions. Yes, I know this is intended as an example of our current society and it's trends and consequences, but even that does not properly explain what is seen in this picture.

I know, it's pathetic. I'm going to open my gym at the top level of a 20 story tower, with elevator access restricted to the handicapped. Then I can save money by not having to buy any stairmasters or steppers.

I know, it's pathetic. I'm going to open my gym at the top level of a 20 story tower, with elevator access restricted to the handicapped. Then I can save money by not having to buy any stairmasters or steppers.

Well, you could also haul up rocks and boulders, weigh them and then use a Sharpie to mark their weights. ;)

That picture looks vaguely familiar, not necessarily because I have been there, but because that is not the only location that looks like this. It is probable (I am really hoping), that the picture has been clipped, but would otherwise show that this is the 2nd story of an outdoor mall, in which the escalators are for the other tenants/shoppers. Whew...

Well, you could also haul up rocks and boulders, weigh them and then use a Sharpie to mark their weights. ;)

That picture looks vaguely familiar, not necessarily because I have been there, but because that is not the only location that looks like this. It is probable (I am really hoping), that the picture has been clipped, but would otherwise show that this is the 2nd story of an outdoor mall, in which the escalators are for the other tenants/shoppers. Whew...

I believe you are correct. It's funny how it's right in front of the gym though.

Archived