Senator George Allen's racial quagmire

voyager12

I am no conservative and Sen. Allen of VA is not a politician I admire. I thought his Macaca comment was bigoted. He also botched an opportunity to express pride in his recently discovered Jewish heritage and instead made it seem like he was embarassed by it and tried to hide the truth. Every week there seems to be another incident. The latest being accusations that he used the most heinous racial term there is against blacks for years during college. His accusers have credibility and include Prof Larry Sabato of UVA who is one of the most respected political observers in the country. Based on Allen's past I would conclude he is a racist and unfit to be a Senator, much less President of The United States and I think the media is well within their rights to bring this subject up. Almost everyone has said unfortunate things in their past that we have hopefully recognized as wrong. George Allen's past and present behavior goes beyond the excusable and he has obviously learned nothing from it. I sincerely hope he goes down on Nov 7th, it would be a sad commentary on VA voters if he wins reelection.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am no conservative and Sen. Allen of VA is not a politician I admire. I thought his Macaca comment was bigoted. He also botched an opportunity to express pride in his recently discovered Jewish heritage and instead made it seem like he was embarassed by it and tried to hide the truth. Every week there seems to be another incident. The latest being accusations that he used the most heinous racial term there is against blacks for years during college. His accusers have credibility and include Prof Larry Sabato of UVA who is one of the most respected political observers in the country. Based on Allen's past I would conclude he is a racist and unfit to be a Senator, much less President of The United States and I think the media is well within their rights to bring this subject up. Almost everyone has said unfortunate things in their past that we have hopefully recognized as wrong. George Allen's past and present behavior goes beyond the excusable and he has obviously learned nothing from it. I sincerely hope he goes down on Nov 7th, it would be a sad commentary on VA voters if he wins reelection.

You forgot the allegation that he stuffed a severed deer head in the mailbox of a black family during college.

Former Teammate: George Allen stuffed deer head into black family's mailbox

The man will win because Va is a Republican state. If Allen said he wanted to pack all blacks back to Africa, gather all the Mexcians and send them back, gather all Arabic-Americans and put them in camps like the Japanese in WWII, and Va will still vote for him. He could say Hitler was God and Va will vote for him. The only way Va would not vote for him is if he molested a child or had a gay lover, other than that Republicans can say whatever and get voted all because of the party affliliation.

Same in Georgia. Osama himself could be running for the Senate here, and as long as he had an "R" in front of his name and promised to "uphold the sanctity of marriage" he would win.

Considering how much the Muslim fundamentalists' views on personal freedom have in common with Republicans' so called "family values," you may be on to something there. :ph34r:

As for the Democrats winning, lets hope so. Keep a close eye on the voting machines.

Considering how much the Muslim fundamentalists' views on personal freedom have in common with Republicans' so called "family values," you may be on to something there. :ph34r:

As for the Democrats winning, lets hope so. Keep a close eye on the voting machines.

The tampered voting machines that confuse the elderly and miscalculate votes in favor of Republicans... or the voting machines that drops votes for Democrats?

^ Man, that is sick!!! If this keeps going, we're going to soon discover that he was the Grand Wizard of the Virginia KKK.

:rofl:

The man will win because Va is a Republican state. If Allen said he wanted to pack all blacks back to Africa, gather all the Mexcians and send them back, gather all Arabic-Americans and put them in camps like the Japanese in WWII, and Va will still vote for him. He could say Hitler was God and Va will vote for him. The only way Va would not vote for him is if he molested a child or had a gay lover, other than that Republicans can say whatever and get voted all because of the party affliliation.

Virginia isn't South Carolina... yet anyway. In fact, a lot of people talk about Virginia becoming a swing state if the Northern suburbs continue trending Democratic as they have been. The Democrats have certainly done alright with the governorship.

Well, if he wins Virginia, it's too bad.

But this just shows that he won't be running for president like many thought he would. I kind of wish he'd run anyway.. it'd be an easy victory for democrats.

Nobody in my state would vote for a bigot like that. If your'e willing to put party affiliation ahead of such overt racism then there's something wrong with you.

:rofl:

Virginia isn't South Carolina... yet anyway. In fact, a lot of people talk about Virginia becoming a swing state if the Northern suburbs continue trending Democratic as they have been. The Democrats have certainly done alright with the governorship.

South Carolina is only 4 years removed from a Democratic governor and 2 years removed from a Democratic senator. While SC is undoubtedly more heavily Republican than Democrat, it isn't nearly as red as many of the western and great plains states.

South Carolina is only 4 years removed from a Democratic governor and 2 years removed from a Democratic senator. While SC is undoubtedly more heavily Republican than Democrat, it isn't nearly as red as many of the western and great plains states.

No it's not and that is what is so aggravating. GA is the same way. We went over 100 years without having a Republican governor and then it's like, bam, everything changes.

Yep, they are closer than they want to admit.

Yeah, you have to love elections in Georgia---they're almost as much fun as Florida's.

I'll give you that Lindsey Graham is pretty decent, for a republican anyway, but Jim DeMint is a complete disaster.

Demint also believes that gays should not be allowed to be teachers. He makes me so proud to have lived in SC :rolleyes: I do give credit to Lindsey for at least speaking his own mind and not just rubberstamping everything the administration rolls out. Now, if he would just come out... :shades:

:rofl: Thank you, that made me laugh pretty hard this morning.

^ I think Lindsey has more integrity than DeMint. He's actually speaking out against torture (which takes real bravery nowadays apparently)

I :rofl:

I do give credit to Lindsey for at least speaking his own mind and not just rubberstamping everything the administration rolls out. Now, if he would just come out...

Not to get completely off topic, but is there any truth to these rumors, or is it based solely on the fact that he's unmarried?

Honestly, I really don't care about people like George Allen. He has shown his true colors and they are shining through now if some people want to buy his bs like it being spoon-fed to them, then so be it. Chances are he will likely not be re-elected considering this Virginia not Alabama (where people seem to like to vote for known racists at times or allow racist laws remain in our constitution), so I say he will be eating crow come November 8.

Archived