Springfield Restaurant Development

I just realized that I don't have a topic about Springfield's restaurant development. I will try to remember most of the chains. Most of the finished ones were done this spring or late last year.

$ Price Scale

$$Ruby Tuesday's- Nixa (finished) + 3 in Springfield

$$$Famous Dave's BBQ- Springfield (announced)

$$J' Bucks- Battlefield Mall (under construction)

$$Texas Roadhouse- Springfield (finished)

$$Cold Stone Creamery- Battlefield Marketplace (Spfd. finished)

$2 Taco Buenos- Sprignfield (1 finished 1 under const.)

$$$$Fire and Ice- Very upscale full service restaurant at Oasis Inn and Convention Center. The Bar is completely made out of ice. A must when visiting Springfield.

Can't Remember anymore.........

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SBJ.net will help you out! So will Real Estate agents website fo the area will all help you out to!

You could go to the City Halls see what permits have been issued!

Famous Daves is coming to Springfield,mO!

How about expanding it to include like Buffao,Boliver,Holister,Warsaw,Lake of the Ozarks,Marshfield,Lebanon,St. Robert,Rolla and so on?

How abotut a Retail one?

SBJ.net will help you out! So will Real Estate agents website fo the area will all help you out to!

You could go to the City Halls see what permits have been issued!

Famous Daves is coming to Springfield,mO!

How about expanding it to include like Buffao,Boliver,Holister,Warsaw,Lake of the Ozarks,Marshfield,Lebanon,St. Robert,Rolla and so on?

How abotut a Retail one?

I think that would be way too much to take on for me. Springfield on its own is a hefty bourdon so I couldn't imagine trying to find out what was going on in all those other cities.

How about this, I will start a new topic for Lake of the Ozarks (if I can remeber your from there) and if you want to keep us up to date on all thats happining up there we would be more than happy to see whats going on. I know that Lake of the Ozarsk was recently proclaimed as the busiest lake in the US.

I'm not from the Lake of the Ozarks anymore use to live their but been gone from their since the middle of June and this is not a Lake of the Ozarks Board but if UrbanPlanet.org had one it would be nice! If you people are woundering what's coming I could keep you people up to date!

Make a thread about it. No one's stopping you. :D

I'm not from the Lake of the Ozarks anymore use to live their but been gone from their since the middle of June and this is not a Lake of the Ozarks Board but if UrbanPlanet.org had one it would be nice! If you people are woundering what's coming I could keep you people up to date!

I visited the Lake of the Ozarks websites and was blown away by all the stuff that was there. It's literally an entertainment and recreation paradise!

I visited the Lake of the Ozarks websites and was blown away by all the stuff that was there. It's literally an entertainment and recreation paradise!

Yep, its an awesome place! You have to realize that people from thousands from KC, STL, and SGF make trips to the Lake of the Ozarks every week, especially in the summer. They are getting everything that a big metro gets without the population. You would really like it masonsdad, its a great family getaway.

The Lake has a Mega Marshall's/Home Goods and coming soon to Palisades Commons thats located at 54 and KK Ashley Furniture/Showroom, and maybe a Carbela's or Gander Mountain to Lake Ozark where the Rock Quarry is right know that Springfield or Branson doesn't have yet!

The Lake has a Lowe's,Home Depot,Petco,Staples,Walgreens,Hy-Vee,Quzino's Subs,Arris Pizza,Maurices,Pier One Imports,Ebay store,Applebees,Chili's,Outback Steakhouse,Bandana's BQ,Bob Evans,some Starbucks,Andy's Frozen Custard is back in Osage Beach,Purcell Tire and Service Center and so on national Commercial that have opened in the last couple of years!

Osage Beach is getting a Arbys in 2007 next to Culvers that located at 54 and Nichols Road,also in 2007 a Taco Bell to Osage Beach,It's also getting a Sonic,Premier Bank,Small Office Supply Store,maybe MCSPORTS,Steak N Shake,Olive Garden with in 2 years,Golden Corral when it finds 2 acres,Rustic Manor Motel,a 10,000 square foot Strip Center in Palisades Commons and so that is coming and is rumored to becoming like Kohl's,Wendy's,Payless Shoes,Red Lobster and TGI Fridays! Rudy Tuesday's when it finds a good piece of land to build on same goes for Lion Choice! Dollar Tree is looking to build here! Camdenton is getting a Fast Food Roast Beef place later this year!

Lake Ozark where the Rock Quarry is right know a Movie Theater,a big time Sporting Goods store like Bass Pro,maybe Best Buy,National Restaruants and so on is coming!

Camdenton Acroos the street from Wal-mart a big Commercial development and so on!

IHOP to either Linn Creek or to Sunrise Beach at 5/41 and 5 with Comfort Inn!

A Lowe's is coming to St. Robert and also Applebees,Olive Garden is talking to the city and maybe Target,Home Depot,Walgreens and so on!

Rolla may be getting a Kohls,Home Depot,Target and Walgreens!

Lebanon is getting a Steak N Shake,so on, and maybe a Target,Arbys and so on!

The Lake has a Mega Marshall's/Home Goods and coming soon to Palisades Commons thats located at 54 and KK Ashley Furniture/Showroom, and maybe a Carbela's or Gander Mountain to Lake Ozark where the Rock Quarry is right know that Springfield or Branson doesn't have yet!

The Lake has a Lowe's,Home Depot,Petco,Staples,Walgreens,Hy-Vee,Quzino's Subs,Arris Pizza,Maurices,Pier One Imports,Ebay store,Applebees,Chili's,Outback Steakhouse,Bob Evans,some Starbucks,Andy's Frozen Custard is back in Osage Beach,Purcell Tire and Service Center and so on national Commercial that have opened in the last couple of years!

Osage Beach is getting a Arbys in 2007 next to Culvers that located at 54 and Nichols Road,also in 2007 a Taco Bell to Osage Beach,It's also getting a Sonic,Premier Bank,Small Office Supply Store,maybe MCSPORTS,Steak N Shake,Olive Garden with in 2 years,Golden Corral when it finds 2 acres,Rustic Manor Motel,a 10,000 square foot Strip Center in Palisades Commons and so that is coming and is rumored to becoming like Kohl's,Wendy's,Payless Shoes,Red Lobster and TGI Fridays!

Lake Ozark where the Rock Quarry is right know a Movie Theater,a big time Sporting Goods store like Bass Pro,maybe Best Buy,National Restaruants and so on is coming!

Camdenton Acroos the strret from Wal-mart a big Commercial development and so on!

A Lowe's is coming to St. Robert and also Applebees,Olive Garden is talking to the city and maybe Target,Home Depot,Walgreens and so on!

Lebanon is getting a Steak N Shake,so on and maybe a Target!

erck! that hurt :wacko:

The Lake has a Lowe's,Home Depot,Petco,Staples,Walgreens,Hy-Vee,Quzino's Subs,Arris Pizza,Maurices,Pier One Imports,Ebay store,Applebees,Chili's,Outback Steakhouse,Bob Evans,some Starbucks,Andy's Frozen Custard is back in Osage Beach,Purcell Tire and Service Center and so on national Commercial that have opened in the last couple of years!

Osage Beach is getting a Arbys in 2007 next to Culvers that located at 54 and Nichols Road,also in 2007 a Taco Bell to Osage Beach,It's also getting a Sonic,Premier Bank,Small Office Supply Store,maybe MCSPORTS,Steak N Shake,Olive Garden with in 2 years,Golden Corral when it finds 2 acres,Rustic Manor Motel,a 10,000 square foot Strip Center in Palisades Commons and so that is coming and is rumored to becoming like Kohl's,Wendy's,Payless Shoes,Red Lobster and TGI Fridays!

Camdenton Acroos the strret from Wal-mart a big Commercial development and so on!

Lebanon is getting a Steak N Shake,so on and maybe a Target!

Yikes! I don't think I've ever read so many crap chain names in one post before.

You guys should try and support locally owned stores and restaurants. :thumbsup:

^

There's nothing wrong http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...21&st=0with chains, in fact I enjoy shopping at chains as well as local stores.

I didn't mean any offense mcheiss. It's pretty hard to shop at locally owned retailers because they basically don't exist anymore, or do in very limited numbers, due to the onslaught of national chain retailers. Locally owned restaurants however, or locally owned chains, should be patronized as much as possible over national chains. Much more of your dollar gets returned to your local economy when you purchase locally; very little comes back to your local economy when you eat at Johnny O'Chili-Bees. All those national chain joints taste the same anyway, and have the same crap on their menus, IMO.

You should check to see if you have a chapter of local first in your area.

I didn't mean any offense mcheiss. It's pretty hard to shop at locally owned retailers because they basically don't exist anymore, or do in very limited numbers, due to the onslaught of national chain retailers. Locally owned restaurants however, or locally owned chains, should be patronized as much as possible over national chains. Much more of your dollar gets returned to your local economy when you purchase locally; very little comes back to your local economy when you eat at Johnny O'Chili-Bees. All those national chain joints taste the same anyway, and have the same crap on their menus, IMO.

You're alright.......We all have had our share of mishaps on this website, trust me :whistling: . Having all these chains come to lake of the Ozarks is only normal, and very surprising with the small amount of populaion in the Lake of the Ozarks area. Every city gets their fair share of chains as we all know, and there is nothing we can do about it. I agree with you on supporting the locals first. I think Springfield is pretty good at doing that, but if there is one this city has way to much of, it is chain restaurants. Besides that fact, we also have tons and tons of outstanding local restaurants. Our downtown is a great example. When the Cardinals games are going on there are alot of people from KC and STL that make weekend trips down to see the games then head over to the entainment district of downtown (square) to eat, drink...... I went to an Italian place called Bruno's for dinner (amazing) on a friday night and met a nice old man from KC while at the bar. He started talking about how Springfield has grown so much and how much things have changed from when he was little. Anyway, we got talkin about all the revitalization of Downtown and all of the upscale restaurants that have gone in. He went on to say the some of the restaurants in downtown Springfield could give KC's downtown restaurants a run for their money. The only way we have these great places to go is because of the amount of support Springfieldian's give back to the community. That is one thing I can say I am happy about doing.

OK, I think I will start a new topic for the Lake of the Ozarks. :D

I hope I wasn't coming off offensive. No worries. :D

• 3 weeks later...

What I ment to say was, finally a good wine bar!

Yeah, it is a chain. We had one in Kansas City and it was a really cool place. A bit on the expensive side but that goes hand in hand with wine. It is going in in the Wilhoit Building.

Has anyone ever been to Kramers next to Aries pizza off of Republic Road? If you havent and you like wine, check it out. Really a great atmosphere, wood walls, dim lighting, good wine specials.

What I ment to say was, finally a good wine bar!

Yeah, it is a chain. We had one in Kansas City and it was a really cool place. A bit on the expensive side but that goes hand in hand with wine. It is going in in the Wilhoit Building.

Has anyone ever been to Kramers next to Aries pizza off of Republic Road? If you havent and you like wine, check it out. Really a great atmosphere, wood walls, dim lighting, good wine specials.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived