Springfield Restaurant Development

Has anyone been to 'Rodizio Brazilion Grill' off of Battlefield and 65? I have heard nothing but rave reviews for the restuarant. It costs $21 for an all you can eat lunch or dinner. Don't get me wrong, it's not your average Joe buffet. I have heard that there is a suchi bar, and other buffet setups in the main dinning area, and then the servers bring freshly cooked meats to the table and cut them in front of you. Sound pretty great to me. I think I will go there next week.

I also forgot to mention that a new stand-alone Starbucks location is going to open on June 11th at Cherry and Glenstone where the old Popeye's Chicken was!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone been to 'Rodizio Brazilion Grill' off of Battlefield and 65? I have heard nothing but rave reviews for the restuarant. It costs $21 for an all you can eat lunch or dinner. Don't get me wrong, it's not your average Joe buffet. I have heard that there is a suchi bar, and other buffet setups in the main dinning area, and then the servers bring freshly cooked meats to the table and cut them in front of you. Sound pretty great to me. I think I will go there next week.

I also forgot to mention that a new stand-alone Starbucks location is going to open on June 11th at Cherry and Glenstone where the old Popeye's Chicken was!

• 2 weeks later...

FISH is closing, and CLARY'S is moving in. Fish closes this weekend and it will take 30 days to remodel it into Clarys.

I liked fish, but oh well.

"Clary said he will offer some lower price points on the menu and introduce new elements, including live jazz, cooking demonstrations, an emphasis on catering and possibly a Sunday brunch buffet."

FISH is closing, and CLARY'S is moving in. Fish closes this weekend and it will take 30 days to remodel it into Clarys.

I liked fish, but oh well.

"Clary said he will offer some lower price points on the menu and introduce new elements, including live jazz, cooking demonstrations, an emphasis on catering and possibly a Sunday brunch buffet."

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I caint wait! The first Houlihan's will be opening on Springfield's North Side (thats a first!) in the newly renovated Double Tree Hotel Springfield. The restaurant will be taking over the former Rembrandts restaurant. The second Houlihans is opening on the South side of town off Republic Rd. and Glenstone Intersection.

I just realized that all this is mentioned in the article... oh well too much info never hurt anyone.

• 1 month later...

Prime South Glenstone property to become sports bar

charles-walker-bldg.jpg

Rivals Sports Bar

Plans call for a 9,000-square-foot, sports-themed restaurant and bar styled after ESPN Zone restaurants. Rivals should have a full menu and about 40 televisions, 35 games machines, an electronic scores ticker, glass-enclosed skybox mezzanine and two tree houses that will seat 10 people, according to Swisshelm.

Rivals is scheduled to open in late February.

If you don't know where this is located, it is right next to Circuit City. It use to be a Churchill's Coffee house.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Prime South Glenstone property to become sports bar

charles-walker-bldg.jpg

Rivals Sports Bar

Plans call for a 9,000-square-foot, sports-themed restaurant and bar styled after ESPN Zone restaurants. Rivals should have a full menu and about 40 televisions, 35 games machines, an electronic scores ticker, glass-enclosed skybox mezzanine and two tree houses that will seat 10 people, according to Swisshelm.

Rivals is scheduled to open in late February.

If you don't know where this is located, it is right next to Circuit City. It use to be a Churchill's Coffee house.

Archived