Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runawayjim

Most Iraqis favor US pullout

10 posts in this topic

a recent poll shows that 71% of iraqis favor a US pull out within a year. it also shows that support for attacks against the US is growing, now about 60%.

CNN article

a recent poll shows that 71% of iraqis favor a US pull out within a year. it also shows that support for attacks against the US is growing, now about 60%.

CNN article

Even with all the progress we've been making?

Even with all the progress we've been making?

i really hope you're joking...

a cliche----"those not familiar with history are doomed to repeat it".

BUT can we believe anyone in the administration is too young to remember Vietnam???? I remember Vietnam quite clearly, and the overwhelming majority of folks in this administration are older than me.

The "funny" part of all of this is that supporters of the war can't understand WHY the Iraquis would want us out. We allowed them to vote -- jeez. We are rebuilding schools to the immense profits of OUR companies. We are bringing democracy to them. They just don't appreciate anything.

They don't understand that all of this is a struggle and that losing, what 30 - 100 people a day since we have arrived is just part of the price. Now, on to walling off Baghdad and finishing our huge military base there...

A U.N report has just come out stating that the war in Iraq has also made the situation in Afghanistan worse. Al Qaeda has training camps there and is recruiting new terrorists.

But the Republicans aren't hearing any of that. They discount any news critical of their crazed ideology and only accept news from their leaders.

A U.N report has just come out stating that the war in Iraq has also made the situation in Afghanistan worse. Al Qaeda has training camps there and is recruiting new terrorists.

But the Republicans aren't hearing any of that. They discount any news critical of their crazed ideology and only accept news from their leaders.

i think the republicans just ignore anything the UN says.

i think the republicans just ignore anything the UN says.

Ignore anything the UN says, anything the French say, anything Colin Powell says, anything retired US generals say, anything that our own intelligence agencies say...

They ignore anything that doesn't support what they believe and believe anything that a former cheerleader, coke-head, failed oil businessman, and baseball team owner says.

Makes sense to me.

Ignore anything the UN says, anything the French say, anything Colin Powell says, anything retired US generals say, anything that our own intelligence agencies say...

They ignore anything that doesn't support what they believe and believe anything that a former cheerleader, coke-head, failed oil businessman, and baseball team owner says.

Makes sense to me.

but he has an MBA from harvard. that counts for something, right?

but he has an MBA from harvard. that counts for something, right?

Bah. He was a mediocre student throughout his college years, and even bragged about that fact during the 2000 campaign. He would never have been accepted into the postgraduate program at any university, let alone Harvard, if not for the family he came from. :rolleyes: