Austin and Nashville

nashvillwill

Hello, :D

Will from Nashville here. Just wanted to alert you guys about a topic on our forum of the same name. Just wanted to hear input from you guys. Obviously, if we created this topic it means that we hold Austin in a high regard. So, please join in....

Nashville v Austin / Sister cities?

P.S.-- even though we already started the controversy (sorry), let's leave football out of this. Let's talk about our beautiful cities!

P.S.S.--Thanks for Vince Young!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, :D

Will from Nashville here. Just wanted to alert you guys about a topic on our forum of the same name. Just wanted to hear input from you guys. Obviously, if we created this topic it means that we hold Austin in a high regard. So, please join in....

Nashville v Austin / Sister cities?

P.S.-- even though we already started the controversy (sorry), let's leave football out of this. Let's talk about our beautiful cities!

P.S.S.--Thanks for Vince Young!!! :thumbsup:

:huh: Please explain!

:huh: Please explain!

Well, we Nashvillians love our city as I'm sure you Austin folk love yours. I know many people from Austin who say that they "love Nashville because it feels like home(Austin)". We hear this alot actually. Considering that we have comparably sized cities in southern states with good education, commerce, government and a good music industustry we sense the similarities. It has already been brought to attention that we might not be as liberated(or counter-culture minded) as Austin, but that is only 1 aspect. Once again, we have this topic because we respect Austin as a wonderful city! Please engage.

OK. I actually started that thread. It was kind of late, I didn't really get what you were saying, that's why I asked you to explain. I haven't spent to much time in Nashville, but they are two up and coming music cities. Austin is very liberal. Nashville is liberal for a Southern city. The similarities may end there. :unsure: I wanted to read the thoughts of those who are more informed than me.

I believe the two are very similar. The differences come with the feel of the cities. Nashville is more proffessional where as Austin is more college(based on proffessional teams and colleges in the cities)

I feel that Nashville has a more southern feel to it, where as Austin has a more laid back california feel.

I believe the two are very similar. The differences come with the feel of the cities. Nashville is more proffessional where as Austin is more college(based on proffessional teams and colleges in the cities)

I feel that Nashville has a more southern feel to it, where as Austin has a more laid back california feel.

Sisters can have different personalities. :lol:

OK. I actually started that thread. It was kind of late, I didn't really get what you were saying, that's why I asked you to explain. I haven't spent to much time in Nashville, but they are two up and coming music cities. Austin is very liberal. Nashville is liberal for a Southern city. The similarities may end there. :unsure: I wanted to read the thoughts of those who are more informed than me.

Wait a minute, wouldn't 'liberal' be a bad thing ? ;)

On a non-political note, one of the similarities might be the city's association with music, Nashville's recording industry, Austin's live music.

On a non-political note, one of the similarities might be the city's association with music, Nashville's recording industry, Austin's live music.

It is important to note that the live music scene in Nashville is one of the tops in the country. Not all here is just recording industry and record labels. All that glitz and glamour provide copious amounts of bands for live music. Even the NHL hockey team has a live band playing for the crowd during intermission. The only professional sports team in the country that does that as a matter of fact. But I digress.

The underground music scene in Nashville is very, very competitive and quite fascination to be a part of.

Archived