Ada Village Charette week of Oct 3

FilmMaker

It isn't the metro core, but Ada Township is seeking public input in order to form a plan for the future of the central village of Ada. Here is your chance to help shape what downtown Ada should look like in the future!!

The Opening session of this 4 day charette (group discussion & workshop) is on Tuesday Oct 3 and other sessions take place through Friday. .

For info about Ada Township go to this link:

http://www.ada.mi.us

For more info on the Oct 3 Charette go to this link:

http://www.ada.mi.us/charrette/CharretteSchedule.pdf

No doubt there will be discussion of several issues cloe to the hearts of UP members: walkability, live/work development, retail and dining, architectural character, etc.

And if anyone needs further incentive, there's a great bike shop and a great deli in Ada...

p.s. I'm a planning commissioner in a different township, so please don't ask me for more details - I simply share this because it is an excellent opportunity to help create the vision for a cool part of suburban GR.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bring back the ice cream shop at the Little Red School House!!!! A flower shop just is not the same!!!!

yeah I agree that place rocked, but other wise I think they have been doing a decent job on the 100 yard long main strip of downtown, I would just like to see the post office barber shop replced with a wmore historic looking iconic building of the corner. Maybe 3 stories with a clock tower? And I thought that there are a few places in the village where there could be more houses, like small affordable framhouse style to add a little density and stay with the character

Archived