Another building reuse on Main Street

bwithers1

Hi, all:

Our favorite City Paper writer submitted the following article about the redevelopment/reuse of an existing eyesore on Main Street.

Creating Places: Main Street eyesore slated for $7.5M overhaul

I am really excited to hear about this myself, as this property is pretty prominently located and presently creates a sense of doom and hopelessness. It's pretty sad when the bright, cheery spots on Main Street are the liquor stores! Just adding some landscaping to the parking lot would help, but I am thrilled that the exterior will be redone. Without seeing any pictures, I think that this redesign will complement the nearby 5&M project when that excavation is finally done and the buildings begin to rise. Bravo!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all:

Our favorite City Paper writer submitted the following article about the redevelopment/reuse of an existing eyesore on Main Street.

Creating Places: Main Street eyesore slated for $7.5M overhaul

I am really excited to hear about this myself, as this property is pretty prominently located and presently creates a sense of doom and hopelessness. It's pretty sad when the bright, cheery spots on Main Street are the liquor stores! Just adding some landscaping to the parking lot would help, but I am thrilled that the exterior will be redone. Without seeing any pictures, I think that this redesign will complement the nearby 5&M project when that excavation is finally done and the buildings begin to rise. Bravo!

I was hoping for something better on this site, more along the lines of 5th & Main. It's still going to be a big building surrounded mostly by parking lots.

I was hoping for something better on this site, more along the lines of 5th & Main. It's still going to be a big building surrounded mostly by parking lots.

Oh, I absolutely agree that something better could fill this spot and address the street in the way the 5&M will. Nashville has far, far too many buildings that sit back from the street needlessly. I will just be glad to see that this building is no longer vacant and will keep my fingers crossed for some decent landscaping or something. Maybe they can put a nice wrought-iron fence around along with planters and things like that. Almost anything would be an improvement.

Archived