Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PBJ

New Grand Rapids Streetscape Guidelines

10 posts in this topic

So I read here at Rapid Growth about new guidelines from Progressive AE and the DDA for downtown streetscapes and greenery, can anyone share any pics/docs/opinions about this?

So I read here at Rapid Growth about new guidelines from Progressive AE and the DDA for downtown streetscapes and greenery, can anyone share any pics/docs/opinions about this?

I sent them an email to see if we could get a copy.

I sent them an email to see if we could get a copy.

Did you get anything back?

No. :angry:

Call Jay or Andy over at the GVMC. I think they've been involved in the process.

I hope "no blank walls" is numero uno, followed closely by "no more ground-floor parking decks"

Call Jay or Andy over at the GVMC. I think they've been involved in the process.

I don't think GVMC is doing this.

Jay Fowler (GR DDA) is working with Progessive A/E (Bob Petko) on the GR streetscape guidelines. Jay told me this morning that Bob isn't quite finished, so it is not available for review yet.

Soon....

I think a lot of it has to do with standardizing sidewalk renovations, like bulb-outs at the corners, traffic calming, tree placement, areaway fill, brick paver layout, that kind of thing. I don't think it addresses building facades (but I could be wrong). I am very interested to see the "gateway" portion of the plans.

Here's a small example HERE on Commerce Ave, but there is more to come.

I don't think GVMC is doing this.

Jay Fowler (GR DDA) is working with Progessive A/E (Bob Petko) on the GR streetscape guidelines. Jay told me this morning that Bob isn't quite finished, so it is not available for review yet.

Soon....

Oh.. well.. that made it SOUND like it was completed...