Biggest House in metro GR

twoshort

Also, Les Tassell who is now passed away but founded Lescoa had a huge compound built at the East end of Burton off of Cascade Rd. Apparently it has it's own lake, with statues of a bunch of exotic animals all over the grounds. He apparently was a big game hunter.

It wasn't just statues of exotic animals, he literally had a private zoo on his property. I spoke with one of the family members a few months ago. After his Grandfather died they sold off the animals and I think he said his Grandfather's girlfriend got that property.

The property on 32nd and Shaffer was given to one of the granddaughters. She supposedly plans on fixing it up.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also this 10k sq ft shack in EGR:

I walked through that house during the estate sale.. pretty ginormous. It was in pretty bad repair, hadn't been updated in decades. The GRAR listing says its been updated now though, I'd love to see the inside.

Edit: I see GRAR has pictures of the inside now too.. definately much improved.

Anyone know anything about the house on the east side Kalamazoo between 36th and 44th? It's behind a black rod-iron fence all the way around the property. I think it has 4 or 6 columns in the front of the house. Looks pretty nice from the road as I drive by it everyday.

I guess to be more exact, it's between Old Town and Loralee.

Yahoo has a better pic than google: http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/index.php#mvt=h...92787&mag=1

Anyone know anything about the house on the east side Kalamazoo between 36th and 44th? It's behind a black rod-iron fence all the way around the property. I think it has 4 or 6 columns in the front of the house. Looks pretty nice from the road as I drive by it everyday.

I guess to be more exact, it's between Old Town and Loralee.

Yahoo has a better pic than google: http://maps.yahoo.com/beta/index.php#mvt=h...92787&mag=1

As an update, the address is 3858 Kalamazoo. And it only has 4 columns. :)

Such as? Please share!

I remember back in grade school that on Halloween the owner would pass out candy and steal a bunch of kids and eat them.. :P Of thoes variety :lol: I guess when you have a house that is gated and isn't inviting to the general public it will surcome to the general rumor and myth among early adolescence...

Stayed at work late, didn't get down to GRPL to look up this place.

Tomorrow, and much of this weekend might be spent in a treestand (weather permitting) so I won't be back there for a bit I'm afraid.

Thats true about the black fence. Put up a privacy fence, and myths start flowing. :ph34r:

bag me a few and jerky them -- send me the meat and bill.

• 1 month later...

"This home invites you to live - really live. Perched on nearly 2.5 perfectly landscaped acres, with 115 ft of premier beachfront, it is an architectural jewel unlike any other home in West Michigan. Rarely, if ever, does a home so beautifully blend gracious luxury with such genuine comfort. Dine on a balcony overlooking the lake. Watch a film, in high definition, in the state-of-the-art media center. Swim in the pool house, or relax in the sauna or jetted spa, invite your friends to stay over in the guest suite. Whatever you desire, this home, meticulously crafted in 2003, accommodates it naturally and gracefully, without ever seeming pretentious or overstated. Private tour available to serious inquiries only."

So why are they selling?

And shall I set us up a tour??

Archived