Biggest House in metro GR

twoshort

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is also this 10k sq ft shack in EGR:

G567960.JPG

Ah, yes. This home is on Plymouth - ride down the street from the Brookby Estate. I know it was recently up for sale. Maybe it still is... not sure. The orginal owner of the home owned a newspaper (yet I don't think it was a GR newspaper). I believe the more recent owner had something to do with the Butterball Turkey Company - part owner or something.

:shok: Looks like Miami not, West Michigan! Very nice. We need a UP tour! We can all chip in a little bit and buy one of the bedrooms and run it like a time share!

That's what I was thinking:) And I agree, definetly doesn't look like West Michigan. I wonder who the owners were. Im sure it must be a pretty short list with that type of asking price.

That's what I was thinking:) And I agree, definetly doesn't look like West Michigan. I wonder who the owners were. Im sure it must be a pretty short list with that type of asking price.

It looks like West Michigan to me.

There are literally thousands of homes like that along Lake Michigan and all around the inland lakes (mainly up north). Here are just a few you can find on the lakeshore's MLS for $2,000,000+. Just search homes from $2 - 10,000,000 Million.

http://swmric.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi....NT=e0NTnO+xzb4=

2613561.jpg

2651832.jpg

2641643.jpg

2654035.jpg

That second home, although it looks small, is still $2.5 Million.

You just can't see them from the roads very well because they're all set back on the lakes. Go out in a boat on the some of the Northern lakes and it's wall to wall houses (second homes) like that.

Northern Home and Cottage and Traverse Magazine are good resources if you like to look at (dream about) large cottage homes. You can find them at any local bookstore.

Ah, yes. This home is on Plymouth - ride down the street from the Brookby Estate. I know it was recently up for sale. Maybe it still is... not sure. The orginal owner of the home owned a newspaper (yet I don't think it was a GR newspaper). I believe the more recent owner had something to do with the Butterball Turkey Company - part owner or something.

Still for sale, recently renovated. It's the Leo Peters estate, I'll let you do the googling.

It looks like West Michigan to me.

There are literally thousands of homes like that along Lake Michigan and all around the inland lakes (mainly up north). Here are just a few you can find on the lakeshore's MLS for $2,000,000+. Just search homes from $2 - 10,000,000 Million.

While there are a lot of big homes, $7.5 million is still a big deal 'round these parts. :)

Pretty thorough interior design for sure. Although I couldn't help but notice the bright yellow naugahyde (yea, probably leather, whatever) lazy boy chair in the guest suite. It stands out as a blatant anomaly amongst the otherwise consistent decor.

(wow. does this sound catty at all?)

You know, I like old victorian houses and all their details. This house seems to have a lot of details, but for some reason it just looks busy to me. It's like it's just off somehow but I can't put my finger on it. (Yes, I know this isn't a victorian house, but I'm just using them as an example.)

-nb

Frankly, I don't like the interior decor at all. I'm not into all the whites and yellows, or victorian one bit.

Plus, it's a home on the lake, yet in none of those interior shots do I see the lake through any of the windows. :huh: A lakefront cottage designed well would have panoramic views of the lake from every room in the house.

My three big priorities in these types of homes are:

1. Beautiful library, lots of dark wood and room for my ever expanding collection.

2. Just as beautiful landscaping (or the opportunity for me to go and create such item).

3. A room big enough to hold a regulation size pocket billards table.

Thats it. If those three don't exist, I'm not interested in buying. :D

• 2 months later...

Archived