Biggest House in metro GR

twoshort

• 2 months later...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posting this for a friend and a one-time member here. Not sure if he still participates?

At 4726 square feet, I'd say it qualified for one the biggest "homes" in the area. Both commercial spaces leased on the first floor, and you can live in a sweet condo up top.

http://www.grar.com/property/mls/14004641

• 1 month later...

Remember Dr. Stokes who reused medical supplies?  His manse on Reeds lake went to forclosure for just about $2M.  It sold again last month for $7.8M.  That HAS to be a Kent County record.

That's totally strange. Shows it's now owned by "Greenbrier Trust Declaration" out of Frisco, Texas. Why anyone would pay that much is beyond me. And the listing shows it was "sold before broadcast" which leads me to believe it was just listed to beef up the agents' sales stats.

https://www.accesskent.com/Property/FromGIS.jsp?parcelNumber=41-14-34-402-004

And the person who owned it moved a couple of houses down for $3.5M or so.  Not a bad couple of years, pick it up for $1.8 out of foreclosure, sell for $7.8, and get an equally(?) beautiful place practically next door for $3.5.

I did some digging on the trust and it looks like a guy in the healthcare world, rehabilitation.  Very odd though, to pay that much.

The couple that bought it out of foreclose remodeled the whole home.  Supposedly they sold it for as much as they put into it.

High-End Homes: Former Stokes mansion sells for record $7.8 million after contemporary makeover

But I doubt they put 6 million into the place.

I don't know, that does look like a huge facelift. The selling agent was Joel Peterson of J Peterson Homes. I assume he's related to Guy Peterson the architect who did the design.

And wow those popups on Mlive are annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a HUGE home going up right on Laraway Lake Drive with a fancy port-cochere between the house and garage. Visbeen/Mike Schaap team home.

That house looks ridiculous - especially compared to the houses near it on Laraway Lake (which, at least from the outside, look modest considering the location). It looks like it might be sitting on a decent-sized piece of land, though.

I think the property is around 10-11 acres. I liked the little old farmhouse that they tore down. The new house is definitely a monster!

Joe

That house looks ridiculous - especially compared to the houses near it on Laraway Lake (which, at least from the outside, look modest considering the location). It looks like it might be sitting on a decent-sized piece of land, though.

I think the property is around 10-11 acres. I liked the little old farmhouse that they tore down. The new house is definitely a monster!

Joe

Someone from FlexFab I believe is having this one built.

• 7 months later...

Meh, not a fan actually. Much like Stokes house, it will probably need to have much of it gutted and rehabbed, especially the bathrooms...

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2014/12/high-end_homes_philanthropist.html#comments

I'm also not a fan of Mlive dropping an ad in every 3 pictures. I mean seriously, could that site be any more clunky.

Build your own:

"Pell also is listing two adjoining lots without water frontage for the Wege estate. One 0.68-acre lot is listed for $375,000 while another, at 0.86 acres, is listed for $425,000."

I just re-read that.  $425k for non water front.  Goodness, East is getting out of control.

Build your own:

"Pell also is listing two adjoining lots without water frontage for the Wege estate. One 0.68-acre lot is listed for $375,000 while another, at 0.86 acres, is listed for $425,000."

I just re-read that.  $425k for non water front.  Goodness, East is getting out of control.

I think those land prices are outstripping the value. :)

Probably all cash buyers because they'd never appraise for that.

• 4 weeks later...

First is Steve Van Andel.  2, 3 & 5 are all the same and it's Dan DeVos,  They have since added a whole other large building to that compound. 6 is Dick DeVos.  7, I think is VanderWeide (a DeVos daughter). Doug DeVos' place is near Kraft and Burton. Not sure where other Van Andel's are? 4 is a place next to Dan DeVos. Not sure who that is.

First is Steve Van Andel.  2, 3 & 5 are all the same and it's Dan DeVos,  They have since added a whole other large building to that compound. 6 is Dick DeVos.  7, I think is VanderWeide (a DeVos daughter). Doug DeVos' place is near Kraft and Burton. Not sure where other Van Andel's are? 4 is a place next to Dan DeVos. Not sure who that is.

Nice work. The one next to Dan Devos is Gary Tilkin of Global Forex, who I believe sold the company for just over $100 Million.

I think this is David Van Andel's,on the Thornapple River:

http://binged.it/15ASx19

Then there's this guy, Bob Hinton, who owns some trucking company? Scratch that, a truck parts company.

http://binged.it/1zKTC3Q

And Jay Van Andel's estate is all along that Windy Hill Drive in the same vicinity. Small puny houses. :)

• 3 years later...

Archived