How did you find this forum?

Mith242

I was just curious how exactly people came to find out about this forum. I suppose I could have added a poll but didn't want to try to think of all the options for a vote. Maybe Matt can pin this to the top if everyone thinks this might be an interesting topic. I wish I could remember the exact thing I was searching for. But I was doing a search on Google and came across some Arkansas info here on UP. That was before there was a NWA or even an Arkansas forum. I would think most people stumbled across this site because they were searching for a some particular info. Although I suppose there are other possibilities as well.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came up with it about the same way. I was doing a yahoo search for a certain development in Fayetteville and up came a link to Urban Planet. I had done this dozens of times in the past but I had never seen or heard of UP. Now I have become almost an addict...having to check it multiple times everyday. :shok:

I came up with it about the same way. I was doing a yahoo search for a certain development in Fayetteville and up came a link to Urban Planet. I had done this dozens of times in the past but I had never seen or heard of UP. Now I have become almost an addict...having to check it multiple times everyday. :shok:

Yeah I know that feeling, I suppose all anyone has to do is see how many posts I have. Just to throw out a little odd info, the Fayetteville topic is the oldest topic in this forum and predates the NWA and Arkansas forums. I believe I also made the Crystal Bridges topic not too long afterwards before both forums as well.

Interesting to see how everyone came across this site. I do know we had one person for a while that was told about this site from a friend, instead of searching for some info on the web. Although that person isn't on here anymore. But it does show it is possible for some of the other options.

Google, multiple times searching about recent developments in NWA.

I wonder why UP scores so high?

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact there isn't a lot of NWA or even Arkansas development news and such on the internet. Other metros seem to have a much harder time because there's a lot more options. In this case I think it's helped us here quite a bit drawing more people here. The Promenade topic really seems to be drawing them in, look at how views it's gotten and the number keeps going up rather quickly.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact there isn't a lot of NWA or even Arkansas development news and such on the internet. Other metros seem to have a much harder time because there's a lot more options. In this case I think it's helped us here quite a bit drawing more people here. The Promenade topic really seems to be drawing them in, look at how views it's gotten and the number keeps going up rather quickly.

Yeah, that's what drew me into this site. I looked up the Pinnacle Hills Promenade and this was I think maybe the fifth or sixth result that came up and I just decided to see what it was like. I practically clicked on every website that was on the first page and this one just stuck with me.

I was reading the Charlotte entry in Wikipedia to see what current info it had, when I got to the bottom found links for further reading, which led me to, among other places, the Charlotte City Center Partners site which led to UP. Or something like that.

EDIT

And I find that I keep posting in threads thinking they are general only to discover they are for a specific area (in this case NW Ark.) that I do not live in. Apologies.

I was reading the Charlotte entry in Wikipedia to see what current info it had, when I got to the bottom found links for further reading, which led me to, among other places, the Charlotte City Center Partners site which led to UP. Or something like that.

EDIT

And I find that I keep posting in threads thinking they are general only to discover they are for a specific area (in this case NW Ark.) that I do not live in. Apologies.

No worries. I know we've had some people pop into the Fayetteville topic before thinking it was actually Fayetteville NC. Sometimes you see the topic under the Southern US forum and think it refers to another area. :D

I think I was googling PF Changs, or maybe just NWA restaurants. Can't remember. It was definitely a google search, though. I remember two or three times being linked here by a Google search, and at least twice, it was a post by Remuscal that got me interested and hooked. Good job, man.

I was back here wayyy before the Arkansas forum existed.

I often searched urban development type things for Arkansas: skyscraper heights, population, etc.

I posted first at skyscrapercity.com. I was virtually the only Arkansas member (actually, now that I remember...bigboyz and arkansasbuff were there too.)

I eventually found this site through some randcom search.

In february 2005, I posted a thread here at urbanplanet (which was comparatively VERY small back then) about Little Rock. I also made a thread about starting an Arkansas forum.

I believe a few months passed, then Mith and Arkansawyer joined in with me for pushing for an Arkansas forum. We got it.

And here we are....

Wow.

I often searched urban development type things for Arkansas: skyscraper heights, population, etc.

I posted first at skyscrapercity.com. I was virtually the only Arkansas member (actually, now that I remember...bigboyz and arkansasbuff were there too.)

In february 2005, I posted a thread here at urbanplanet (which was comparatively VERY small back then) about Little Rock. I also made a thread about starting an Arkansas forum.

I believe a few months passed, then Mith and Arkansawyer joined in with me for pushing for an Arkansas forum. We got it.

And here we are....

Wow.

Yes, Johnny, Mith, Arkansawyer, KJW, and a few others were ahead of me. You guys did a great job at starting an Arkansas Forum.

I remember reading some of the posts about being hesistant to making an Arkansas Forum. Much of the staff thought this forum would turn into an Oklahoma. I'm proud to say were on of the largest state forums, as well as one of the fastest growing forums on the entire site.

And here we are....

Wow.

Yeah Johnny and Arkansawyer were here before I was and I think it was some of their topics that caught the attention of one of my Google searches.

Yes, Johnny, Mith, Arkansawyer, KJW, and a few others were ahead of me. You guys did a great job at starting an Arkansas Forum.

I remember reading some of the posts about being hesistant to making an Arkansas Forum. Much of the staff thought this forum would turn into an Oklahoma. I'm proud to say were on of the largest state forums, as well as one of the fastest growing forums on the entire site.

Yeah I can't say I expected that it would turn out to be such a big hit like it has. I always wondered what some of the admin thinks or has thought about us. :lol: By the way Matt I think we should also mention that you coming on board also really got things going. I'm pretty sure that's when thinks really starting picking up.

I found UP when I was Googling skyscrapers. Although NWA doesn't really have any skyscrapers there was enough posting about skyscrapers at one point that it made it onto Google's cache.

Yeah I remember a phase where we were talking a lot about the NWA cities developing skylines and such.

Archived