How did you find this forum?

Mith242

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Johnny and Arkansawyer were here before I was and I think it was some of their topics that caught the attention of one of my Google searches.

Yeah I can't say I expected that it would turn out to be such a big hit like it has. I always wondered what some of the admin thinks or has thought about us. :lol: By the way Matt I think we should also mention that you coming on board also really got things going. I'm pretty sure that's when thinks really starting picking up.

I remember the first couple times I visited before I registered-- the threads were basically all mchiess and Mith242, with a few others involved. I had the impression that you two were the originators of the NWA forum :D

I thought it was a good forum with potential, and it seems like since early this year the number of people and discussions have multiplied immensely. Of course, there has been much to talk about in NWA lately.

Yes, I remember me and you posting links there. Suprinsingly they're still there. :)

I need to get back over there. Last time I checked it had really died off, not that it was particularly active. I just assumed the posts would eventually disappear. For some reason the earliest posts all disappeared. I thought maybe there was some sort of time limit that posts stayed up. Still pretty nice to know it at least helped attract someone's attention to here.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just curious how exactly people came to find out about this forum. I suppose I could have added a poll but didn't want to try to think of all the options for a vote. Maybe Matt can pin this to the top if everyone thinks this might be an interesting topic. I wish I could remember the exact thing I was searching for. But I was doing a search on Google and came across some Arkansas info here on UP. That was before there was a NWA or even an Arkansas forum. I would think most people stumbled across this site because they were searching for a some particular info. Although I suppose there are other possibilities as well.

I found it through Google. I was looking for some information on Fayetteville, and in particular, the redevelopment of College Ave. I am glad I found it as it is really nice to know what's going on in this area. This seems to be a thoughtful group.

It brings a tear to me ol' eye to see UP being such an impact over in NWA! I certainly remember when I first started this site (as SkyScraperAmerica.com back then) and I would be the only one on for hours at a time. I had no idea that in a few years that the forums would grow to the point that they're at today!

I'm glad to hear how everyone found the NWA forums as it does help us out in knowing what method works the best for getting our name out into the world. I try very hard to optimize the site for search engines, Google in particular. There are several things that go on behind the scenes to make sure that Google knows of every forum and every thread on the site and when something new is added Google is automatically made aware.

Thanks to all who have made my day and who have made the NWA forum come alive! I have to admit I wondered how it would turn out but it appears that creating this section of the site has been one of the best decisions UP has made. Thanks so much! :)

It brings a tear to me ol' eye to see UP being such an impact over in NWA! I certainly remember when I first started this site (as SkyScraperAmerica.com back then) and I would be the only one on for hours at a time. I had no idea that in a few years that the forums would grow to the point that they're at today!

I'm glad to hear how everyone found the NWA forums as it does help us out in knowing what method works the best for getting our name out into the world. I try very hard to optimize the site for search engines, Google in particular. There are several things that go on behind the scenes to make sure that Google knows of every forum and every thread on the site and when something new is added Google is automatically made aware.

Thanks to all who have made my day and who have made the NWA forum come alive! I have to admit I wondered how it would turn out but it appears that creating this section of the site has been one of the best decisions UP has made. Thanks so much! :)

:lol: I've certainly administered a few message boards over the years where I was the only one on for most of the day, so I completely understand what you mean! And what a change... SkyScraperAmerica.com to Urban Planet!

Urban Planet has extended its reach so far, and it's amazing how many people find this place through Google, including myself.

You da man, Neo! :)

Thankyou Neo for creating this site. If I didn't have urban planet, I don't know where I could post info about my community.

Thank you. This really is a resource for those who want to know what is going on in their community. Very valuable...and entertaining!

Archived