Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memphis born

Memphis Living Wage

5 posts in this topic

I was reading an article about the City Council approving a living wage for companies that recieve Pilot benefits from the city, $10.21 per hr. Contract workers $12.00 per hr. I believe City employees have already recieved their increase

I was reading an article about the City Council approving a living wage for companies that recieve Pilot benefits from the city, $10.21 per hr. Contract workers $12.00 per hr. I believe City employees have already recieved their increase

That should be no problem because most company receiving pilots are not mom and pops. They are fairly large. The people making below that is contracted such as cleaning crews or temps.

I agree that we should not be giving companies a tax incentive if they are providing low wage jobs. But a living wage for everyone will just keep jobs from coming to Memphis.

I agree that we should not be giving companies a tax incentive if they are providing low wage jobs. But a living wage for everyone will just keep jobs from coming to Memphis.

Dod they mention PILOTS given by the CCC? Would they be subject to this living wage increase?