PROPOSED: Filene's Tower

Cotuit

I work right next door to the site, and they are definetely working on it. Filene's Bastment closed in August and there have been work crews demoing the interiors of the buildings, especially of the two buildings that will be completed leveled. There's not much to see from the outside, but I see lots of people working on the site everyday.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Still not much evidence of construction from the exterior, but they are there demoing the interior on a constant basis. The developer said they wouldn't beging exterior demo until after the new year, so hopefully it will occur soon.

Pic from Jan 4th.

post-1289-1199792838_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1199792838_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this project was pulled, but does anyone have any idea what the developers and/or city are going to do with this pit? I was in town about 5 months ago for a few days, and it appeared there was nothing happening, nor about to. What a truly unfortunate set of circumstances for an such an important site.

Archived