New Jazz Club coming to Downtown!

goodbye

As if in answer to our longing for a real jazz club in downtown, a new one is indeed coming to the former Brown Street Antiques building. This should become a centerpiece in the late night scene downtown, and it is not even located on Main Street. I am thoroughly excited about this project and anticipating it will prosper for the rest of our lives. :yahoo::shades::D

Read more!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I just came across the website for Greenville's new jazz club, called The Brown Street Club.

http://www.brownstreetclub.com/

Anyone know when it is supposed to open? The website has construction photos, but doesn't mention when they will be open for business.

I really, really hope this place will be as successful as I think it can be. Hopefully it is tucked away in a cool, cozy sort of way and not so much that people won't know it's there.

Regardless, I am pumped that Greenville has this and look forward to visiting it soon! :thumbsup:

I walked by the location for Brown Street Jazz club and it seems to me they have a long way to go before they open. The old Brown Street antique building has been converted into three or more separate units. The upper floor appears to be some kind of offices and are complete or near completion. On the street level 1/2 is Brown street interiors which is opening Dec 1 and the Jazz club that they are working on. I originally thought the whole street level was going to be the Jazz club, instead it will be just 1/2. Can't wait for it to open!

• 1 month later...

This is awesome news for Greenville! One more reason for me to come back and visit. Charleston needs a venue like this,just recently the local Charleston jazz muscians were commenting about the lack of dedicated jazz club. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Greenville already had at least one jazz club downtown? Either on Coffee St. near the Map Shop or near Coffee St?

Addy's Dutch Cafe does still have live jazz. The only place I can recall in downtown which could have been called a true "jazz club" was Occasionally Blues, once located in the same space now occupied by Mellow Mushroom. The Brown Street Club should be the perfect place for Greenville, so intimate and upscale. I do have a concern about the lack of smoking, being an actual jazz club in every sense. Perhaps one can exist without a room filled with smoke?

Halfway to Habana (H2H), one of the cigar shops on Main Street, will have a smoking lounge in their new location next door, which will be allowed by the City.

Chicora Alley, in the West End (upstairs, above Spill the Beans), has jazz nights fairly regularly. It is a very underrated bar, IMO. :thumbsup:

I am so excited about the Brown Street Club opening. I agree that it is a plus for it to be located off of Main Street, in that "back alley" sort of way! It will be able to stay open until 2 AM, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived