Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fivedayrental

Civic Center coming to Danbury?

5 posts in this topic

Local investors want to build a 4,500-seat sports and entertainment complex on city-owned land off Old Ridgebury Road.

Tony Rizzo, Ted Haddad Sr. and other, unnamed, investors would fully finance the $20 million facility that could house minor league hockey, arena football, concerts, boxing, circus acts, conventions and special events

http://newstimes.com/news/story.php?id=1016309

This side of the side could use a civic center. However, I am a little bit concerned about the site and traffic issues because in the same general area 1300 new townhouses are going to be built over the next 5 years. What do you think of this idea?

I think Danbury should go for it. 4500 people shouldn't cause to much of a traffic issue.

I think Danbury should go for it. 4500 people shouldn't cause to much of a traffic issue.

That is actually pretty small.

Isn't HCC max around 16k or something like that?

I'm not really too concerned about the traffic since it will be right off of exit 2 of 84. However, the land was given to the city in exchange for having a developer build new condos on most of the former Union Carbide land (80 acres and building still in use by other companies) and the city was to use the land for recreational purposes (build more soccer fields, etc since there are a couple already there left by Union Carbide).

That is actually pretty small.

Isn't HCC max around 16k or something like that?

16,000 is the max for the HCC.