$100 Million "mountain lodge" planned for Newaygo

GRDadof3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive my ignorance and I did not wtfv, but is this just a hotel w/ a fly fishing store in it?

You're forgiven. :D

It is being called a destination lodge and resort, the centerpiece of the Newaygo Riverbank Project.

It will incorporate rooms, banquet facilities, an auditorium, pools, tennis courts, restaurants and an Orvis Fly Fishing outlet.

A type of development like this might seem strange but the Muskegon River is considered one of the best trout streams in the US. I still think it has a long way to go before coming to reality, but I can see the potential.

I have always thought/heard the Pere Marquette River was considered one of the best trout streams in the US?

I have always thought/heard the Pere Marquette River was considered one of the best trout streams in the US?

Michigan has several "blue ribbon" trout streams. The Muskegon, Pere Marquette, and Au Sable are some of the best waters to fish in the midwest.

I prefer the Pere Marquette only because we have a cottage a few miles from it.

Michigan has several "blue ribbon" trout streams. The Muskegon, Pere Marquette, and Au Sable are some of the best waters to fish in the midwest. ..

It looks nice. I'm not saying this would be it but I wonder what would be the tipping point of development that would begin to degrade the "blue ribbon" experience of the Muskegon or Pere Marquette. Don't the Pere Marquette and Pine rivers already have canoe traffic congestion?

Michigan has several "blue ribbon" trout streams. The Muskegon, Pere Marquette, and Au Sable are some of the best waters to fish in the midwest.

I prefer the Pere Marquette only because we have a cottage a few miles from it.

Isn't the Rogue North of the old dam a well kept secret for being an excellent trout stream?

It's a 229 acre resort community with single family homes, condominiums and a riverwalk. The 50,000 square foot lodge is just the centerpiece. It will also include a 14 story hotel tower in the shape of a totem pole, with a restaurant in the "eagles" head at the top.

Big project planned for little Newaygo

It will also include a 14 story hotel tower in the shape of a totem pole, with a restaurant in the "eagles" head at the top.

14 stories in NEWAYGO??? Nothing screams "nature" like a 150 foot building rising out of the forest. So much for preserving the authentic Up North look to the area...

14 stories in NEWAYGO??? Nothing screams "nature" like a 150 foot building rising out of the forest. So much for preserving the authentic Up North look to the area...

I made that part up CK1. I was checking to see if anyone was reading the linked articles. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Archived