Pueblo, Colorado Photos # 2

Front_Range_Guy

Central Pueblo is geographically huge. My next goal was to take photos downtown and make my way up to the city/county building. I didn't make it that far before the sun began to set, but I did get some nice pictures of downtown Pueblo.

City Hall:

PuebloCOsept2006046.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006048.jpg

The Vail Hotel

PuebloCOsept2006050.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006056.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006057.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006058.jpg

The River Walk, The Library, and now the Convention Center. Pueblo has been kicking butt & taking names the last few years when it comes to downtown revitalization.

PuebloCOsept2006061.jpg

The Sangre De Cristo Arts Center

PuebloCOsept2006064.jpg

A few things that struck me about the heart of downtown. The amount of empty, but beautiful historic buildings. Downtown Pueblo feels a lot denser and more urban than Downtown Colorado Springs, but seems more depressed. There was much less pedestrian traffic. Still, talk about potential!

PuebloCOsept2006067.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006068.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006070.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006072.jpg

PuebloCOsept2006073-1.jpg

That was as far as I got before I realized the sun was going down and I had a good half hour walk back to the car, plus my camera batteries were dying. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go get the northern half of downtown soon.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pics again. You know I never have heard good things about Pueblo but from what you've shown us it seems pretty nice. Granted I know you didn't walk around the bad parts of town but it's certainly got some nice things going for it. I wonder why it seems to have such a negative reputation.

Wow! You know I've driven through Pueblo several times but only stopped twice, and both times were at two different Burger Kings. Not that I particularly like Burger King (actually, I don't like it at all), but the first time I was a poor college student, and the last time was a few months ago when the guy I was traveling with, for whatever reason, insisted on stopping for breakfast at the BK on I-25 at the north end of town after driving all night.

This makes me want to go back and actually check out the Downtown area.

How's the pedestrian traffic in the evenings and weekends in Downtown? Any nightlife to speak of?

Is there a historic hotel in the Downtown area like in a lot of other cities (I love these)? Or any hotel at all?

As in Colorado Springs, I-25 seems to be in awful shape through town, although I recall there being construction in the northern portion when I was last there. Is this an expansion project or is there any planned?

Thanks for posting. It's great to see these virtually unknown cities across the West that you'd usually never think of.

• 2 months later...
Nice pics again. You know I never have heard good things about Pueblo but from what you've shown us it seems pretty nice. Granted I know you didn't walk around the bad parts of town but it's certainly got some nice things going for it. I wonder why it seems to have such a negative reputation.

Archived