photos from uptown | 9.30.06

origin.clt

I know these barely qualify for inclusion in this forum (as it has little to do with urban discussions), but I feel these photos are interesting due to the amount of detail attainable with a 300mm zoom lens.

Intended to complement others photo tours, these photos hopefully capture the fine detail visible in person, but lost in wider angle photos.

one of the cranes a cmc. amazing that these skeletal machines can lift so much.

sat930_01.jpg

looking inside the floors, work is progressing with steel stud walls and mechanical, and plumbing.

sat930_01.1.jpg

a charlotte iconographic staple, the bank of america corporate center.

sat930_02.jpg

sat930_02.1.jpg

sat930_02.2.jpg

detail overload, the hearst tower crown.

sat930_03.jpg

odell

sat930_04.jpg

the carrillon and trademark. this is going to be an interesting pair when the trademark is finished. the architectural contrast in envelope style and function will be immense.

sat930_05.jpg

sat930_05.1.jpg

sat930_05.2.jpg

sat930_05.3.jpg

urban material contrast in 4th ward.

sat930_06.jpg

glass sculptures at the top of three wachovia.

sat930_07.jpg

sat930_07.1.jpg

sat930_07.2.jpg

st. peters and the ratcliffe. this was as close as i got to the green as i was trying to aviod a run-in with security.

sat930_08.jpg

the dividing line.

sat930_09.jpg

it really is a shame that this will not be able to function as a pedestrian corridor into uptown.

sat930_09.1.jpg

is that a glass curtain wall? the westin

sat930_10.jpg

pink

sat930_11.jpg

views from southend

sat930_12.jpg

sat930_13.jpg

end of the light rail test track at tremont.

sat930_14.jpg

busted. funny story behind this one. while taking this photo, there were 2 construction workers next to me who should have been installing fencing along the tracks, but were preoccupied with some sexy photography. this building on hawkins st., incidentally, is being demolished to make way for a 4 story residential development similar to camden southend.

sat930_15.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You didn't happen to walk around CPCC or Gateway Village did you? There were a LOT of people walking on Elizabeth / Trade Saturday because of Oktoberfest and Charlotte Shout. I was in town for Oktoberfest, but it seems they sold out so my friends and I went to Shout instead.

Thanks guys.

No orulz, I didn't make it to either of those locations. My bike decided to shed some nuts and bolts so I had to roll back home early.

I did get some additional shots with the zoom lens from bank of america stadium yesterday though.

oct1_01.jpg

oct1_02.jpg

oct1_03.jpg

Interstate Tower

oct1_04.jpg

Bank of America again

oct1_05.jpg

IJL

oct1_06.jpg

The Avenue starting to get tall.

oct1_07.jpg

The odd location of the Fox Gameday stage.

oct1_08.jpg

Skyline.

oct1_09.jpg

I think we all know what is going to start rising in these views.

oct1_10.jpg

oct1_12.jpg

Archived