Congressman admits affair, denies choking mistress

Carter711

^^^I'm finally glad to hear that someone else thinks George H.W. Bush was a TERRIBLE president!

His presidency (1988-1992) was truly an era of stagnation marked by repression and denial. Foreign policy during his administration was a disaster. As metro has stated, this president was the one funding groups that are now bitter enemies of the West.

And yes he raised a son who might end up being the worst president in US history, not to mention a disgrace of a son as Florida governor.

For people interested, there is some intriguing whisperings about Bush Sr., how he served in a CIA cell in the 1950s and 60s with George Demornshield, who was known as Lee Harvey Oswald's "best friend". When Demornshield was writing a book in the 1970s about his knowledge of Kennedy's assasination, Bush (then the head of CIA) reportedly had him committed to a psychiatric hospital where he died.

Hopefully this isn't too far off topic, but I think it is relevant to the discussion at hand which is basically a discussion of the hypocracy of Rep. Sherwood and Reps like him.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see this from my non-partisan perspective, that most Republican are Neo-cons that needs to be sitting on a couch in a psychiatric's office rather than serving public office. They seem to be obsessed with running this country's business structure into the ground with corporation consolidation and mergers. However, a lot of the foundation of this current situation was laid during the Clinton administration with Telecommunications Act of 1996, which Clinton later signed into law. It just seems that there is way too much corruption in this current regime (yes I mean regime). There needs to be Checks and Balances enforce upon this regime that they would to avoid in fear of prosecution, persecution, or loss of power. That's the reason why this country's morale is in shabbles because many including myself is sick of this b******t. If the Democrats are offering anything really any better, no, but I can say at least they haven't run this country into the ground from what I've seen in my lifetime.

• 3 weeks later...

W went and campaigned for this guy last week. Went a'stumpin' for him in PA.

I guess everyone that was so "disgusted" about Clinton's BJ and everyone that just could not bear the way this disgraced the office of the Presidency can turn the other cheek if the person is in their party. Our dear president even commented on how forgiving this tool's wife was in handling of his multi-year affair that ended in brutality.

Ahhh...the party of morals....

So, do they not care about the morals they preach about (therefore being hypocrites) or do they care more about losing a Republican seat than to back those morals (thereby being more concerned with power than their own ideals)?

• 2 weeks later...

^ I agree there is something off about Haggard, I don't know if it is related to any truth in the allegations, or just the megalomania that seemingly is a trait of most personalities drawn to "professions" like this. I think the same can be said of politics to a degree as well.

Archived