Honolulu voted sexiest city in U.S.

Honolulu voted sexiest city in U.S.

Kiss me, I'm kamaaina! Nearly 500,000 members of America Online, polled for Travel + Leisure Magazine ranked Honolulu the best city in America both for honeymoons/anniversaries, and for romantic and sexy getaways.

The "America's Favorite Cities" survey also put Honolulu first for celebrating Valentine's Day and it also came in first for the city with the best weather. It also ranked first for overall quality of life and for local pride.

For holidays in general, San Diego was voted first, and second place went to...Honolulu. The biggest city in Hawaii also ranked second in the nation for seasons overall, and for the friendliest people.

But it came in last for meeting someone new. Apparently the tens of thousands of people who come to Hawaii every year to get married and honeymoon have a lot of trouble meeting someone new.

The survey compared 25 cities: Austin, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Honolulu, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Portland, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Juan, Santa Fe, Seattle, Tampa/St. Petersburg, and Washington, DC.

For mainland readers, kamaaina, pronounced "KAH-mah-EYE'-nah," is the Hawaiian word for a local resident. Literally it means "man of the land."

:D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest donaltopablo

List is crap.

They've got 25 cities and no SLC? But Santa Fe?  :blink:

It's been a long time since I've been in SLC, but Santa Fe is way sexier than SLC, Phoenix, Austin, and a bunch of others on the list. Sorry Sean, what I remember about SLC I loved, but just doesn't strike a bell as a sexy city.

Guest donaltopablo

I've been to Santa Fe many times. Honestly, when it comes to cities where history, tourism, activities are key factors, I'm not surprised to see it compared and even ranked well. It's a great city IMHO, plus it's small so it doesn't attract some of the negatives that larger cities can.

I'm somewhat surprised to see cities like Dallas and Atlanta excluded, but then again, there isn't a huge draw to these cities outside of convention and business in a lot of cases (even though tourism industry exists), they just don't seem like regular magnets for tourism. Just an impression, I don't have any stats to back that up.

Archived