Furman Condo/Hotel Tower

atlrvr

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In that case expect a scaled-back project. The new Sierra's are pretty nice, but the bulk of them are a step up from Extended Stays, brick & stucco exteriors and three floors. The new floor plans are nice and they have flat panel TVs that are pretty cool.

Here's one of the new ones, outside of Dulles:

50Exterior.jpg

In that case expect a scaled-back project. The new Sierra's are pretty nice, but the bulk of them are a step up from Extended Stays, brick & stucco exteriors and three floors. The new floor plans are nice and they have flat panel TVs that are pretty cool.

Here's one of the new ones, outside of Dulles:

50Exterior.jpg

According to the news this morning, this project has been completely abandoned. Furman says it is too expensive to build on this property. My guess there is no hotel going here either if this is the case. It will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of the same inner city condo bust that is taking place in other cities.

According to the news this morning, this project has been completely abandoned. Furman says it is too expensive to build on this property. My guess there is no hotel going here either if this is the case. It will be interesting to see if this is the beginning of the same inner city condo bust that is taking place in other cities.

awww I liked this project, if fit well next to the arena...I wish they would have kept the design and just made it all hotel instead

but according to Furman, he says:

"It doesn't have anything to do with our robust marketplace. It was well received, and we are trying to find a place to reposition it."

"The sky isn't falling on the market for condos downtown,"

http://askdougsmith.blogspot.com/

So this is going to be the 3rd proposal on this site? I like the idea of a hotel next to the arena than a condo/hotel mixed use, parking and location are the main issues. However if CATS was to built their office complex there originally, parking would have not been an issue as CATS encourages its employees to take the transit system.

If anyone wants to see the 1st and failed proposal on this site, the CATS administration office building: http://www.skyscraper-digital.com/skyPortfolio.php

It's portfolio 7, I personally thought it was nice and it blended into the arena.

So this is going to be the 3rd proposal on this site? I like the idea of a hotel next to the arena than a condo/hotel mixed use, parking and location are the main issues. However if CATS was to built their office complex there originally, parking would have not been an issue as CATS encourages its employees to take the transit system.

If anyone wants to see the 1st and failed proposal on this site, the CATS administration office building: http://www.skyscraper-digital.com/skyPortfolio.php

It's portfolio 7, I personally thought it was nice and it blended into the arena.

• 1 month later...

Archived