New BofA Tower

atlrvr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think it is really unlikely that the building will be so completely focused on environmental technology, as 1 bryant park is. I'm sure that was part of establishing goodwill for the b of a namebrand in the home turf of the wall street banks.

It would be cool if they could include some of the technology, though.

Uptown office vacancy last year was 17.36%, up from 15.4% in 2003, Real Data figures show.

The North Tryon tower under discussion could take several years to complete. By then, market conditions could improve, real estate observers say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What? This is great news, but these figures confuse me. I was under the impression that uptown office vacancies were pretty strong...like around 10%. In fact, Ive seen it that low in published broker research. I think the 17.36% must be the OVERALL charlotte office vacancy including suburban office.

finalpano.jpg

BofA would basically go right behind the big tree on the right. For perspective, Hearst is 47 stories. The proposed tower would possibly be 40.

Ghazi's tower would be right in front of the dark blue building in the middle (BofA Plaza).

Wachovia's tower might be seen from this vantage between One Wachovia and that crane to its left (right above the Gov't Center). Wachovia's building would be much more hidden from this vantage than the other two buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the location of this building... It will help include the O'dell building in many more skyline shots.

The O'dell building seems to get left out of many pictures. If it were in Raleigh it would be the 3rd tallest or if in Greensboro the 2nd tallest. But in Charlotte, it is the forgotten one.

• 1 month later...

According the CBJ, the architects are getting close to a solution to have becthler and mint in the same place.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...8/tidbits1.html

"The architects have been able to come up with some solutions" on putting the museums in the same location, says Bob Lilien, executive director of the Bechtler foundation. "We still have some things to determine, but I'm optimistic about finding an architectural solution. I'm hopeful we can find an administrative solution, and I'm marginally pessimistic we can find the money."

Pairing the museums in the proposed Trammell Crow-Bank of America skyscraper could help secure as much as $24 million in self-financed bonds -- and save another $20 million by not having the Mint and Bechtler operating separate facilities. The co-located museums are part of a $147 million request for public financing from the Arts & Science Council. City Council will decide the fate of those requests next month.

When it says it saves $20m, it is practically saying the city gets the bechtler for free, because that was the original price tag put on the museum. I must say, though, that i'm glad it will be its own entity. It adds a bit more of a story, and will be a destination itself.

http://www.conway.com/ssinsider/snapshot/sf040816.htm

I don't see how they can keep building here with what's going on in NYC.

=========================

The newest addition is the US$1-billion Bank of America Tower, which will stand 945 feet (287 meters) tall. Co-developers Bank of America (BOA at www.bankofamerica.com) and The Durst Organization (www.durst.org) broke ground on Aug. 2nd for the 52-story Midtown Manhattan project, which is fueled by almost US$700 million in incentives.

Some of the project

A pictorial summary of BOA buildings throughout the US.

BankofAmericaCenter-001.jpg

Bank of America Center

Houston, TX

BankofAmerica-001.jpg

Bank of America Corporate Center

Charlotte, NC

BankofAmerica-001.jpg

Bank of America at duPont Centre

Orlando, FL

BoaT-003.jpg

Bank of America Tower

Seattle, WA

sf040816a.jpg

Bank of America Tower

New York City, NY

hearst2.jpg

Hearst Tower

Charlotte, NC

An article on the NYC BOA building. Note the bold part :angry:. I hope that is just an editorial slip.

http://www.nyc-architecture.com/MID/MID157.htm

Olympic athletes may dream of gold, but for developers of environmentally sound buildings there is an even higher level of achievement - platinum, the best mark a building can receive under a four-tier system developed by the United States Green Building Council, a nonprofit industry group.

So far, only a handful of platinum-certified buildings have been built, or even planned, so advocates of "green" building were thrilled when the Durst Organization and the Bank of America broke ground earlier this month on One Bryant Park, along Avenue of the Americas from 42nd Street to 43rd Street, a 52-story skyscraper that aims to be the first high-rise office building to achieve such a rating.

The bank's new headquarters will open in 2008 and will showcase how clever design and technology can reduce pollution and operating costs while enhancing the health and productivity of occupants. And the project is already focusing more attention on the rapidly expanding influence of a group of green building standards known as LEED, for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.

Archived