54 members have voted

1. 1. Ford or Corker?

• Harold Ford Jr.
    • Bob Corker
    • Anyone but these two

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Bob Corker wins. He did great things for Chattanooga and is a good individual. The alternative comes from a family that has done alot to hold the city of Memphis back.

Ford has been able to distance himself from the enormous burdens that his family's actions create.

I think the media has allowed Ford to "distance" himself from his family by simply not bringing up the topic. That's what scares me most about Ford, his family. Add that to the fact he's a Washington insider who only comes to Tennessee to campaign, and what do you have? You have no one representing the real needs of Tennessee.

i disagree rocky top.....there is no reason for the media to bring up his family, they are not running for office, HE IS.

If some of these people in Tennessee would only meet him. Man, what a great guy! I am not just talking about his speaking either. He fights for you, he fights for the state and the city. I met him and from what I have seen, If he wasn't black he could be running for president with a good shot some day. I am black and I just don't see some enough people giving him a chance. This country is only 10% african american. We are now third. I just hope east tn can see past just the color line like we do.

you mean east tn and middle tn...i truly hope they can see past color as well, but don't be shocked if it doesn't happen.

I wonder have other races have had to experience this. It happens and that is too bad. Just think in most races blacks votes for whites because there are very few black politicians out there. Most of them take a beating if elected. I wish whites could understand that we have no problem voting for them. Just see beyond the line because it could be a form of racism whether you admit it or not.

I'm a Republican, but I'm voting for Ford. Corker is just another Bush Republican and will do everything Bush tells him to do. More big government and waste that benefits the ultra-wealthy. Ford may be a democrat, but at least you know what you're getting. We put Republicans in power to limit government and reduce waste. Bush has done the exact opposite, and Corker will continue that philosophy. He is just like Frist. He pretends like he is for sending illegal immigrants back to Mexico, but he was fined for employing them. What a hypocrite. This man isn't conservative. It's time we teach the Republicans a lesson. Be responsible to the people or we are going to send you home.

I'm a Republican, but I'm voting for Ford. Corker is just another Bush Republican and will do everything Bush tells him to do. More big government and waste that benefits the ultra-wealthy. Ford may be a democrat, but at least you know what you're getting. We put Republicans in power to limit government and reduce waste. Bush has done the exact opposite, and Corker will continue that philosophy. He is just like Frist. He pretends like he is for sending illegal immigrants back to Mexico, but he was fined for employing them. What a hypocrite. This man isn't conservative. It's time we teach the Republicans a lesson. Be responsible to the people or we are going to send you home.

Too bad you are a minority. There are very few Republicans like yourself. What upsets me at times is if you say you are a Democrat you are bad or beneath their party. But there are good Republicans out there just like good Democrats. It is the ones we see out front that never apoligize because they never done anything wrong that is turning this country and world upside down. If I could there is no way I would ever serve in the Army again after the way this country is torn apart. They would have to send me to jail! I am a Desert Storm Vet that have more and more respect for George Bush I (the father) now. He wasn't so bad after all.

you mean east tn and middle tn...i truly hope they can see past color as well, but don't be shocked if it doesn't happen.

when things are put in a blanket statement like this, people alienate themselves. please do not think that west tennessee is the only part of the state that will vote for a non-white candidate. i was born and raised in middle tennessee and i'm voting for ford, as are many of my friends and family.

I'm disgusted with both choices. A phony liberal RINO who has been cross-dressing on his actual positions and had little support from the Conservative base of the party, and a phony liberal DemocRAT from Tennessee's premier crime family pretending he is a Conservative Republican despite having a voting record little better than the extreme left fringe of Congress. But this Conservative wouldn't vote for Ford because I'm not insane. :angry:

I think the media has allowed Ford to "distance" himself from his family by simply not bringing up the topic. That's what scares me most about Ford, his family. Add that to the fact he's a Washington insider who only comes to Tennessee to campaign, and what do you have? You have no one representing the real needs of Tennessee.

He has distanced himself before this campaign started with his actions. Whether you agree with his stances or not, he's a clear contrast to those of his family, in terms of tact, demeanor, approach to differences in opinion.

Ford pretty much inherited his father's seat, and his auntie ophelia just ran an election where it was proved that dead people voted for her. Again, Ford was raised as a Washington insider. How can you think he will represent Tennessee values?

And what's really sad on here is the blatant racism. Why would any of you think that in this day we would vote for someone based on their race? Don't get me wrong, some people will vote for Ford because he's black, and other's will vote for Corker because he's White. I will vote for Corker because he's a Tennessean and a businessman, not a career politician and Washington native like Ford.

I would encourage an end to the racial disccussions or the mods will shut down this post.

Ford pretty much inherited his father's seat, and his auntie ophelia just ran an election where it was proved that dead people voted for her. Again, Ford was raised as a Washington insider. How can you think he will represent Tennessee values?

And what's really sad on here is the blatant racism. Why would any of you think that in this day we would vote for someone based on their race? Don't get me wrong, some people will vote for Ford because he's black, and other's will vote for Corker because he's White. I will vote for Corker because he's a Tennessean and a businessman, not a career politician and Washington native like Ford.

I would encourage an end to the racial disccussions or the mods will shut down this post.

Nothing connects Ford Jr. to the actions of his family except name. No one even alleges any complicity with their actions, and all signs point to disapproval. Ford Jr. is not Ophelia. So the transgressions of Ophelia, which are undeniable and inexcusable, don't taint Ford Jr. How many people do you respect have family members that make you cringe? I don't know of anyone who can say zero. Zero denies the potential that people have in emerging out of their compromised surroundings, such as if your parents are crooks, drug addicts, or alcoholics. The reality is we see people emerge behind the shadows of their families all the time, that's a testament to human will and potential. Criminals don't have the right to the excuse that they had a crappy upbringing with poor role models. Why? Because there are thousands under the same crappy situation who don't resort to the same behavior as those around them. I don't know if it's intended, but it sounds like the argument is being attempted that the transgressions of the family taint the individual. There is countless evidence that contradicts this presumption. And thankfully so; otherwise many criminals would be receiving more lenient sentences because judges would, erroneously so, find family condition as a mitigating factor during sentencing.

This isn't to say you don't consider it, or it doesn't raise an eyebrow. But everyone has the responsibility to view each individual as that, an individual. Start from there, and allow his actions to lead to a conclusion, not actions that he has no control over, such as those of family members with independent will.

I'm voting Harold Ford Jr. He's desperately needed to replace Bill Frist's seat.

With Bill Frist making an ass of himself over Schaivo and refusing to support full funded Stem Cell Research on all lines, he's placed himself into the looney bin. He's too conservative for Tennessee, and his approval rating has dipped below 50% because of it.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollTrack....95-5d21eb7c0c75

He currently stands at 48% approval here at home. I'm one of those who deeply disapprove of him and consider him an embarrassment.

I'm disgusted with both choices. A phony liberal RINO who has been cross-dressing on his actual positions and had little support from the Conservative base of the party, and a phony liberal DemocRAT from Tennessee's premier crime family pretending he is a Conservative Republican despite having a voting record little better than the extreme left fringe of Congress. But this Conservative wouldn't vote for Ford because I'm not insane. :angry:

You're right. Corker is a CONservative. CONServatives aren't what's needed right now! :rofl:

I'm voting Harold Ford Jr. He's desperately needed to replace Bill Frist's seat.

With Bill Frist making an ass of himself over Schaivo and refusing to support full funded Stem Cell Research on all lines, he's placed himself into the looney bin. He's too conservative for Tennessee, and his approval rating has dipped below 50% because of it.

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollTrack....95-5d21eb7c0c75

He currently stands at 48% approval here at home. I'm one of those who deeply disapprove of him and consider him an embarrassment.

couldn't agree with you more heckles. and welcome back! haven't seen you in a while.

How many people do you respect have family members that make you cringe? I don't know of anyone who can say zero. Zero denies the potential that people have in emerging out of their compromised surroundings, such as if your parents are crooks, drug addicts, or alcoholics.

None of this has anything to do with Ford being a democrat. I'll probably be voting for Bredesen because I think he's done a good job as Govenor. I have reason to trust him.

I can't think of anyone I've ever voted for who had EVERY SINGLE FAMILY MEMBER IN POLITICS charged with or convicted of a crime related to their office. It's not like the Ford family have been good politicians who committed crimes unrelated to their office (ex - DUI, Assault, drugs, etc) . These are people who abused their political office to commit crimes.

Ford has done nothing to show me that he isn't like his family. He was raised in Washington and will remain in Washington. He didn't work his way up from the bottom; he has had everything handed to him on a silver platter, including his current seat.

With all that said, I am a Tennessean by choice, and if Ford is elected, I hope for the sake of this state, he proves me wrong. If I were a gambling man, I wouldn't bet on that horse.

:unsure: anyone hear the corker advertisements on the radio and t.v?

"the liberals are closer than you think!!!" :mellow:

i am voting ford. corker is bashing ford.. while ford is up in front about his agenda.. anyone check out the corker websites lately? all they talk about is bashing ford.. no agenda.

:unsure: anyone hear the corker advertisements on the radio and t.v?

"the liberals are closer than you think!!!" :mellow:

i am voting ford. corker is bashing ford.. while ford is up in front about his agenda.. anyone check out the corker websites lately? all they talk about is bashing ford.. no agenda.

LOL, as if being liberal is a bad thing? :rofl:

The "damn liberal" argument has been used for nearly 25 years now in the political arena nationwide. When you cry wolf, people tend to stop listening.

Archived