Ford or Corker?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Ford or Corker?

• Harold Ford Jr.
    • Bob Corker
    • Anyone but these two

For those who want, here is the complete contract:

http://www.house.gov/house/Contract/CONTRACT.html

But even you have to admit that since the Republicans have taken control of congress, we have seen the greatest economic growth in the history of this country, from 1995 - 2006+. The only inhibiting factors were from 2000 - 2003, and even that would have been limited to just 1 year (yes, thanks to Bush's tax cuts) had we not had the terrorrists attacks.

I will agree that Republicans have not met everything they promised, but they overall aare better than the dems.

And as far as scandals, when the republicans are caught breaking ethics rules, at least they resign (Delay, Foley at the top). What about Patrick Kennedy, Alan Mollohan, William Jefferson? Those guys will fight for their seat until the end.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But even you have to admit that since the Republicans have taken control of congress, we have seen the greatest economic growth in the history of this country, from 1995 - 2006+. The only inhibiting factors were from 2000 - 2003, and even that would have been limited to just 1 year (yes, thanks to Bush's tax cuts) had we not had the terrorrists attacks....

The balanced budget of the 90's was due to the republican congress, not Clinton. Here's an article from 1998 backing up my point:

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/02/02/budget.response/

Also, don't forget that the economy was on an upswing when Clinton took office, as the tech boom had already begun (in 1992). And most importantly, remember, Clinton never got 50% of the vote in an election. If it weren't for Ross Perot in 1992, Clinton would probably still be in a trailer park in Arkansas.

Oh, and have you heard of a guy named Alan Greenspan, the Reagan appointe? Yeah, he played a big part in all of this boom too.

We can go back and forth on this, but we've really gotten off topic.

So the economic boom in the 1990's is because of the Republican Congress, the Recession of 2001 is because of Bill Clinton, and the balanced budgets are because of the Republican Congress.

Then who is responsible for the current deficit? Are you going to blame that on 9/11?

LOL

I also hear Clinton is to blame for 9/11 while Bush is the saint that saved America, helped our soul, and sent us moral values to withstand the problems with strength.

Republicans have officially mastered the art of deceit and passing the buck.

Rocky Top, your links proved nothing. On that article that "proves" Clinton's "disasterous spending" the very first news link on the bottom is about Clinton's Balanced Budget proposal. Basically that link is a RESPONSE to Clinton's budget proposal which was balanced. LOL

Have you never heard of the Clinton economic package that was passed in 1993 with zero Republican votes? That's what created the surplus, it was a bill that was passed with no Republican support that was not done away with until Bush's budget and tax reforms that were passed in spring of 2001.

When that economic plan was done away with, we began to incur huge deficit spending.

*As for the 2001 recession, it occured because of the Dot.Com bust that was neither Clinton nor Bush's fault. The ripple effect of 9/11 had some effect, mostly in the airline sector, however it did not cause the recession. Neither Clinton nor Bush are responsible for 9/11. However, I think Bush did a horrible job with the intelligence before 9/11 and think that Bush has equally handled intelligence horribly after 9/11 to this very day.

*The surpluses in the 1990's were created because of Clinton's economic plan passed in 1993.

*The economic boom of the 1990's is because of the information age and the rise of the Dot.Com sector and a free trade agreement that made it cheaper for Americans to buy goods from Mexico, among other agreements made. (at the same time the trade agreements didn't allow americans to buy their way out of a jobless recovery after 2001 - how ironic, and fortelling the future should we not begin to wake up and realize a few lessons learned)

*Clinton's ultimate program was designed to focus on building communities through hiring more cops in high crime regions, educational programs to expand opportunity to help the self, and all the other things we've discussed here on the left side of the fence.

I have one word for Republicans: delusional.

And you expect Bill Clinton to resign because of a consensual adult affair? You compare that to Tom Delay who is the mastermind of the current pay for play machine that was hurting everyone and abusing power in a very public way?

Delusional.

You even know I'm right Rocky Top, and you can't accept the truth in your own mind.

What's funny is that you actually believe everything you've said.

So the Clinton budget in 1993 was so great that the budgets passed by Republican's in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000 had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

So Reagan/Bush from 1980 - 1992 was terrible, and the republican congress from 1994 to 2006 is terrible, and the only reason our economy is booming today is because of 1 Clinton budget?

The reason for the good economy is easy TAX CUTS. I'll give Clinton credit for not getting in the way, but fact is, tax cuts wouldn't have passed without the republicans. Why did the economy start going south when Clinton was leaving? Because Clinton raised taxes on the employers/business owners (aka 'evil rich').

As for Clinton's record on Terrorism, we all know he failed at getting Bin Laden when he had the chance. You know it, I know it, and it's on tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pbgjlDH_Q

And Bush was expected to capture the worlds biggest terrorist 7 months into office when Clinton had 8 years and get's a pass?

Yes Heckles, I know you are right, a right-winger. Come on over and help us fight for economic freedom!

The reason for the good economy is easy TAX CUTS. I'll give Clinton credit for not getting in the way, but fact is, tax cuts wouldn't have passed without the republicans. Why did the economy start going south when Clinton was leaving? Because Clinton raised taxes on the employers/business owners (aka 'evil rich').

What's funny is that you actually believe everything you've said.

So the Clinton budget in 1993 was so great that the budgets passed by Republican's in 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, and 2000 had absolutely nothing to do with anything.

So Reagan/Bush from 1980 - 1992 was terrible, and the republican congress from 1994 to 2006 is terrible, and the only reason our economy is booming today is because of 1 Clinton budget?

As for Clinton's record on Terrorism, we all know he failed at getting Bin Laden when he had the chance. You know it, I know it, and it's on tape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7pbgjlDH_Q

And Bush was expected to capture the worlds biggest terrorist 7 months into office when Clinton had 8 years and get's a pass?

Yes Heckles, I know you are right, a right-winger. Come on over and help us fight for economic freedom!

Archived