Ford or Corker?

idlewild

Ford or Corker?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Ford or Corker?

• Harold Ford Jr.
    • Bob Corker
    • Anyone but these two

I'm a conservative who won't be voting in this race. I originally supported Ed Bryant, but obviously Bob "the slimeball" Corker had too much money and burried both Bryant and Hillary with negative attack ads. I think Harold Ford Jr. is a better human being than Corker, but I don't really agree with his politics, so I can't vote for him.

Can we have a primary do-over?

btw, GO BREDESEN!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disgusted with both choices. A phony liberal RINO who has been cross-dressing on his actual positions and had little support from the Conservative base of the party, and a phony liberal DemocRAT from Tennessee's premier crime family pretending he is a Conservative Republican despite having a voting record little better than the extreme left fringe of Congress. But this Conservative wouldn't vote for Ford because I'm not insane. :angry:

It's time to take one for the team. If we don't teach the Republicans a lesson now, they will never learn it. This party used us for their own gain. They resemble nothing what Reagan created.

Ford is a Clinton style Democrat. They're both moderate liberals. Give them a chance and I believe some of you more moderate conservatives can admire Ford as much as the moderates admire Clinton.

I'm an overt liberal, so I have no qualms with supporting them. I don't think that Ford is liberal ENOUGH. But I'm willing to get 60% of what I want than to get near 0%.

Again, give a moderate liberal a chance and I think you'll be surprised at how many good things can happen. Clinton proved that in the 1990's. Ford will be able to represent Tennessee quite well. His social policy is not that liberal, and its my biggest problem with him.

I'll be happy to quit demonizing conservatives when the conservatives out there stop demonizing liberals. I'm a reactionary person and always have been. I don't like having to demonize conservatives, but you know what, CONServatives have been over the top since the Reagan era in their rhetoric.

Here's what 12 years of a Republican controlled congress has accomplished:

*Government shut down in christmas 95/96 that served no purpose

*Impeached a sitting President over lying under oath about a personal sexual affair, playing politics with a personal affair is one thing, impeachment is an embarrassment to the entire nation. President Bush has more than plausible reason to be impeached over lying about very public national foreign policy issues alone, but I don't believe the Democrats will actually introduce impeachment proceedings nor do I think they would really serve the nation well as he has only 2 years left (ironically Clinton only had 2 years left as well, and they impeached him over such a non-issue).

*Ineffective leadership that has brought up rediculous bills every other week. Anti-gay marriage, anti-stem cell research, and anti-evolution bills make this nation a laughing joke when we should be focusing on important issues

*No oversight into the mismanagement of the Iraq war, and a total embracement of the budgetary bills the Bush administration puts forth with huge contracts to questionable sources. Again, these contracts aren't a few sweetheart deals to friends. Its tens of billions of dollars that are going to corporations that must committ 100% loyalty to the Repubilcan machine, contractors like Halliburton that are using money that could go to soldiers. This isn't small time corruption, its the most this nation has ever seen.

There is more corruption, politicking, and stunts that have been pulled in the past 12 years then the previous 50 years of Democratic control combined.

Republicans have out-foxed everyone on the corruption train. Its certainly time they were sent home packing. I welcome the old days of Democratic sweet deals. They gave a few patronage jobs here, a few million in waste projects there. But man, it was within reason on the historical record of corruption.

It will be the first time I've ever voted, and I'm voting for Ford. As much as I hate it when someone pulls the race card, I have to admit that Bob Corker's ads make me seriously think he is racist. Rather, his ads have a racist aura about them when he's talking about shipping out the illegals. I'm a Republican, and I'm voting for Ford because Corker has the fundamentalist Christian Republican mindset that I'm completely against.

I hope Bob Corker wins. He did great things for Chattanooga and is a good individual. The alternative comes from a family that has done alot to hold the city of Memphis back.

Wait just a minute. Don't let the media fill your head with bad things about the Ford family. Its true that they've done some things that they shouldn't have, but what politician hasn't?! Assumption is a fool's tool, so don't just assume the worst about them just because its what you hear in the media. They have done many, many great deeds in the black community over the years and I don't think that the hundreds of good deeds should be overshadowed by a few stupid acts of selfishness.

A phony liberal RINO who has been cross-dressing on his actual positions and had little support from the Conservative base of the party, and a phony liberal DemocRAT from Tennessee's premier crime family pretending he is a Conservative Republican despite having a voting record little better than the extreme left fringe of Congress.

Its not fair that you stereotype the entire Ford clan as criminals. I'd bet everything in my wallet that the only thing you know about the Ford's is what you see on t.v. I would take your post serious if it were you in the community helping people in need instead of the Ford "crime family." Jr.'s campaign has nothing to do with the perception of his "entire" family, but what he could do to benefit the lives of Tennesseans.

Wait just a minute. Don't let the media fill your head with bad things about the Ford family. Its true that they've done some things that they shouldn't have, but what politician hasn't?! Assumption is a fool's tool, so don't just assume the worst about them just because its what you hear in the media. They have done many, many great deeds in the black community over the years and I don't think that the hundreds of good deeds should be overshadowed by a few stupid acts of selfishness.

I'm voting for Ford, but that statement is just ridiculous. They have done nothing for the black community in Memphis. Crime has gotten worse. Schools have gotten worse. For everything you can name that they have supposedly done, I can list five of their idiotic antics. I don't think Jr. is like the rest of his family, though.

It will be the first time I've ever voted, and I'm voting for Ford. As much as I hate it when someone pulls the race card, I have to admit that Bob Corker's ads make me seriously think he is racist. Rather, his ads have a racist aura about them when he's talking about shipping out the illegals. I'm a Republican, and I'm voting for Ford because Corker has the fundamentalist Christian Republican mindset that I'm completely against.

I think many folks on the right want to do the right thing but are portraying it in the wrong way. I'm the son of legal immigrants. The current system insults their efforts. Permitting illegals to attain citizenship without some repercussions for violating the immigration laws promotes and rewards circumvention and disrespect of laws. There might be a way to allow them to be here but punishing them for cheating. Higher taxes? Longer wait on the permanent residency status? They can't be permitted to cut in front of those who wait legally, and pay the price of following the rules. At the same time, practicality and business might require that we permit some of them to stay (as long as they pay for their transgressions). I don't think Republicans know how to make the case for immigration reform which I think must be based on strict adherence to regulations, and border security regardless of whether it's for visitors, immigrants, or commerce/cargo. The PR machine at the GOP is woefully overpaid, it appears. Their policy may be preferable, but they don't know how to sell it.

Part of the legality of the immigration process involves a demonstrable willingness to submit yourself to the rules of the new country you want to be a part of. Part one of each and every naturalized citizen's process is the . . . naturalization and immigration process itself. If you can't even show that you will honor that first step, those first laws, what message are you sending about every other law that the new government you want to protect you will expect you to abide by? No individual should receive the protection of this nation's laws and benefits and programs without submitting themselves to the jurisdiction of the same nation's laws and regulations. I don't know if illegal advocates understand that trade, and recognize that immigration laws are indistinguishable from other laws. Maybe they're willing to be punished for their circumvention with hefty fines, or a long wait. As long as there is a distinct punishment, I might accept a compromise that allows them to remain here after they pay the price.

This campaign is turning into nothing but mud-slinging. I'd like to jerk them both up and tell them to just tell us what their views are on different issues. Quit telling us what a low-down dirty-dog the other candidate is. As a voter, I lose respect for the candidate who makes those charges because they take one small idea and turn it practically into a felony. And I don't appreciate the political parties taking up the mud-slinging either. Just tell us where you stand and let us make an informed decision. I don't much care for Ford because he comes across as a slick politician, but I'm still voting for him. I hope he doesn't disappoint me.

This campaign is turning into nothing but mud-slinging. I'd like to jerk them both up and tell them to just tell us what their views are on different issues. Quit telling us what a low-down dirty-dog the other candidate is. As a voter, I lose respect for the candidate who makes those charges because they take one small idea and turn it practically into a felony. And I don't appreciate the political parties taking up the mud-slinging either. Just tell us where you stand and let us make an informed decision. I don't much care for Ford because he comes across as a slick politician, but I'm still voting for him. I hope he doesn't disappoint me.

i agree, they don't need to do all the bashing. it's not cool at all. people show more respect to those who acts out respect.. right?

(too wordy?)

i agree, they don't need to do all the bashing. it's not cool at all. people show more respect to those who acts out respect.. right?

(too wordy?)

Corky has a new one out today saying Harold Jr. flies around on private jets and missed 360 congressional meetings because he I guess was jetsetting. First he was hanging out with playmates and now he is jetsetting. All this came out with a week. How much worse can Corker get? Is someone going to come out the closet?

To me it shows desperation to talk about the playboy mansion. LOL

I saw the ad for the first time tonight about Ford in the playboy mansion.

Most men will wanna vote FOR Ford now. LOL

Who exactly IS Corker's campaign advertising manager? Who approves this stuff? Do they not realize the super religious people are already voting Corker, and that this desperate attempt will turn away moderates who don't care if Ford has the entire Playboy Bunny train in his office desk drawers?

I guess as a Ford supporter I hope Corker's campaign keeps making these stumbles. It'll be fun and relaxing to watch Bill Frist's seat be replaced by a Democrat. :yahoo:

To me it shows desperation to talk about the playboy mansion. LOL

I saw the ad for the first time tonight about Ford in the playboy mansion.

Most men will wanna vote FOR Ford now. LOL

Who exactly IS Corker's campaign advertising manager? Who approves this stuff? Do they not realize the super religious people are already voting Corker, and that this desperate attempt will turn away moderates who don't care if Ford has the entire Playboy Bunny train in his office desk drawers?

I guess as a Ford supporter I hope Corker's campaign keeps making these stumbles. It'll be fun and relaxing to watch Bill Frist's seat be replaced by a Democrat. :yahoo:

i mean seriously...

this is totally ridiculous.

how immature.

"hey... ford.. is a straight male.. who is frisky... he obviously has no morals... and oh did i forget to tell you that HE'S A LIBERAL!!!"

com'on <_<

i'm so voting for ford..

it ain't even funny.

The ad's about playboy aren't from Corker; they are from the RNC. The ad's are intended to play a role in a larger marketing campaign.

Ford comes out and shows himself in a church in Memhpis (where he says he learned his values? So I'm to believe he flew to Memphis from DC every sunday to go to church? There are no churches in DC?). He's tryinfg to show he's a moral person.

The RNC says, you consider yourself a moral, Christian person, but what would your pastor think about you going to hang out with a bunch of strippers. Was Ford ministering to them? As I Christian myself, I do hope he was.

The best thing Ford can do is come out and respond to this. Why was he there? What was he doing? Everyone on this board says Ford isn't like his family. I wonder if daddy or Uncle John ever went to playboy parties?

On a side note, If a republican candidate ever shot a campaign ad in a chruch, the dems would be howling to remove that churches tax-exempt status.

The ad's about playboy aren't from Corker; they are from the RNC. The ad's are intended to play a role in a larger marketing campaign.

Ford comes out and shows himself in a church in Memhpis (where he says he learned his values? So I'm to believe he flew to Memphis from DC every sunday to go to church? There are no churches in DC?). He's tryinfg to show he's a moral person.

The RNC says, you consider yourself a moral, Christian person, but what would your pastor think about you going to hang out with a bunch of strippers. Was Ford ministering to them? As I Christian myself, I do hope he was.

The best thing Ford can do is come out and respond to this. Why was he there? What was he doing? Everyone on this board says Ford isn't like his family. I wonder if daddy or Uncle John ever went to playboy parties?

On a side note, If a republican candidate ever shot a campaign ad in a chruch, the dems would be howling to remove that churches tax-exempt status.

No one cares either way in my opinion, unless you are a fundamentalist Christian who is already voting Corker or not voting.

You sound like a typical staunch conservative: you rant about things that don't matter and try to get people worked up over moralistic issues.

Moderate and Liberal Christians (and everyone else) don't really care so much about this stuff, and rightfully so.

No one should be voting based on TV ads, all this stuff is just political grandstanding on both sides and we all know it here because we're more in tune than 80% of the population regardless what our political views are.

The reality is Republicans have failed this nation on a profound level and I just outlined only a few of the problems in an earlier post about everything from Clinton's impeachment to the Bush administration failures and budgetary disaster.

Who cares either way what Ford does in his personal life? Who cares what Corker does? To me its not about fluff, its about what matters. Most people are like this, regardless of viewpoint or affiliation.

Here's a reality check. Will worrying and voting on Ford's playboy life change any of the following issues?

*Changing the failed course in Iraq

*Managing the budget better to balance funds and be responsible

*Promote science and stem cell research to help us find cures for disease

*Get rid of the insane Bush energy plan and replace it with an alternative energy plan that works for getting us off foreign oil

*Lower health care costs and implement more insurance programs for those without the ability to buy it

And least but not last, Ford has a proven voting record in Congress already that he's not fond of gay marriage and he voted against partial birth abortion.

Ford has a record on file, he's conservative enough for Tennessee's Christian community, yet he offers a refreshing change from this Frist-Bush B.S. we've endured for far to long.

As a conservative, hopefully you agree with me even though I'm liberal, don't you think its up to individuals to make their own moral course and teach their own children their preferred religious values? Why do we need a Senator to do anything more than what Ford has already demonstrated he'll do. He's going to be anti-gay marriage and he's not fond of late term abortion. What else do you want if you are a Christian, unless you are an extremist?

There's little reason not to vote Ford this fall regardless if you're conservative (like you rocky top), liberal (like me), or moderate. It will help stop the Republican waste and stupidity machine in its tracks in addition to giving us REAL change. Corker is going to be the status quo after this election is over should he win. We won't get change, we'll just get another Republican. This seat is a key race, and if Corker wins its likely the Republicans will retain the Senate in majority status. That means Republican support of budgetary policy - already proved to be failure - Republican support of all major legislative initatives in the Senate - again already proven to be a failure. We're already on the Republican path right now and its failing us. That's why Republicans are losing this fall.

This fall is a big compromise for everyone on every side of the political fence. I am a gay guy, and I cringe at the fact that Ford doesn't support gay marriage. But that issue isn't as important as the many other issues we face, and Corker along with the Republican machine certainly doesn't offer gay rights any hope. So my choice is to compromise: vote for Ford and get some of what I want even though he isn't perfect. He's far better than Corker.

Other people are doing the same. This election isn't just about me, its about what is better for the country and what is the best option. I'm choosing the best option as I see it.

I don't care what you say, people are fed up and who cares about this advertising rhetoric and fluff?

The bible-beaters are the ones that have gotten us in this mess. To get elected in the South, all you have to do is be socially conservatives. People don't seem to care if you create wars and kill thousands of Americans, spend more money and drive us deeper into debt, corrupt everything you touch, create waste, and expand government. Just push a gay marriage amendment and fly an American flag, and you'll get re-elected. The thing is, most of these Republicans aren't conservative in their own lives. It's just a show. They get drunk, go wild, go to strip clubs, hire hookers, and so on. The ones that are in the public view hide it better than the others, but they really aren't any different. The only thing these people care about is power. And they'll put on a show to get elected. Foley is the perfect example.

You picked a bad time to try and defend or even make sense of this commercial. The Republican Committee should make sure their house is clean first. I would rather have a guy hanging out with adult playmates than a guy hanging out with young, underage boys! :lol:

I don't care what you say, people are fed up and who cares about this advertising rhetoric and fluff?

I care. And people can tell you from the opinions that i have posted on this board that im not an extremist conservative. When someone's trying to feed me a load of bs about his "values", I expect him to be called on it. I think negative advertising gets a bad rap sometimes. As a political science major in college, I was taught that it's the most effective type of advertising and people even admit that they respond to it more than other types of advertising. Sure, it can go overboard, but when Ford's giving us some slick advertisements and the facts just contradict it, I expect to hear all of the facts. You can take what you want from the commercials, but I believe all of the issues should be played out when people are making dubious claims.

So it's unChristian to go to strip clubs? Hmmm... Who decides? The pastors? The same ones who, well, never mind. You get the idea.

I'm a conservative. The liberal Christian wing (advocating for more government intrusion and apparently willing to accept less oversight of government expenditures to achieve it given the current Karl Rove strategy of politics and governing) of the GOP is really alienating. I think lately a lot of the hypocrisy of that wing is being exposed, which hurts the GOP core (which I would argue isn't the liberal fundamentalist Christian wing).

Not saying I would embrace Pelosi, cuz I won't. But I am probably more upset at folks like Delay and Don Young, because they've betrayed the principles of ethics and fiscal responsibility that we've assailed the liberals on. I guess the worst thing I can say about them is that they're just like the Democrats. Despicable, unethical, traitors of the public trust.

Well, most of 'em anyway. Kudos to Coburn (R-Okl) for at least balling up and trying to stand up to Stevens (R-Alascum).

Where has the ethics of the Republican Party gone? Cuz for sure it's not in the Christian wing, at least not the reps they've voted in.

So it's unChristian to go to strip clubs? Hmmm... Who decides? The pastors? The same ones who, well, never mind. You get the idea.

I'm a conservative. The liberal Christian wing (advocating for more government intrusion and apparently willing to accept less oversight of government expenditures to achieve it given the current Karl Rove strategy of politics and governing) of the GOP is really alienating. I think lately a lot of the hypocrisy of that wing is being exposed, which hurts the GOP core (which I would argue isn't the liberal fundamentalist Christian wing).

Not saying I would embrace Pelosi, cuz I won't. But I am probably more upset at folks like Delay and Don Young, because they've betrayed the principles of ethics and fiscal responsibility that we've assailed the liberals on. I guess the worst thing I can say about them is that they're just like the Democrats. Despicable, unethical, traitors of the public trust.

Well, most of 'em anyway. Kudos to Coburn (R-Okl) for at least balling up and trying to stand up to Stevens (R-Alascum).

Where has the ethics of the Republican Party gone? Cuz for sure it's not in the Christian wing, at least not the reps they've voted in.

Liberal does not equal more government intrusion. These arent liberal christians that want more government intrusion, they are conservative christians. Conservatives love tradition, they love government regulation of personal lives and social order.

I know we have had our fair share of discussions in the past, but never have I ever heard you say that liberal christians are the government intrusion types.

Liberal christians are the ones that want a clear separation between church and state.

I am completely thrown by your comments and really dont understand.

I care. And people can tell you from the opinions that i have posted on this board that im not an extremist conservative. When someone's trying to feed me a load of bs about his "values", I expect him to be called on it. I think negative advertising gets a bad rap sometimes. As a political science major in college, I was taught that it's the most effective type of advertising and people even admit that they respond to it more than other types of advertising. Sure, it can go overboard, but when Ford's giving us some slick advertisements and the facts just contradict it, I expect to hear all of the facts. You can take what you want from the commercials, but I believe all of the issues should be played out when people are making dubious claims.

I wasnt addressing you directly, but if you care thats fine. You also actually strengthen my point: you see the moral debate in advertising as a political tool to help get people elected rather than a genuine issue that really matters in terms of what is good for this country.

I agree with your comments in that they are good for TV, these are great 30 second sound bites that leave small impressions on given portions of the population.

This election is a little different in that moderates have really caught onto what all this junk is about and arent buying it hook, line, and sinker as in previous elections.

Gay marriage and abortion of 2000, 2002, and 2004 is not the same in 2006.

Remember the crying wolf syndrome, it eventually stops working. 25 years of crying wolf has really grown tiresome when we've finally got some very serious and major issues this country is facing.

I just addressed Clobber on the "damn liberal" argument that is also growing old. You guys can't keep using "damn liberal" for the excuse to everything. Corker is a conservative Republican, not liberal. People who don't pay attention to politics and moderates are finally waking up and seeing these keep-it-simple-stupid arguments don't work.

Corker is a very conservative big-business type of person. You label him a liberal Republican just because you don't like him, when he is anything but liberal.

Republicans for decades have called everything they don't like "liberal" even when it isn't liberal.

It just isn't working like it was before.

Just because many people are waking up and seeing through the b.s. doesn't mean Ford is guaranteed a victory next month. They are still neck-and-neck after all. But 10 years ago you would never see a moderate liberal Democrat running neck-and-neck with a conservative Republican in the state of Tennessee, you wouldn't see a Democrat running 7 points ahead of his incumbent Republican challenger in Montana. You wouldn't see a Democrat running within the margin of error in very Republican heavy Virginia.

This is a nationwide event. People are seeing through the crap this time. This nation's conservative era is coming to an end, and it may not happen in 2006 like I hope, but the signs are setting in that people have grown tired of this kind of governance.

Just like the liberal Democrats over-extended their power and their party came crashing to a close in the 1970's, the Reagan conservative era is coming to an end.

Politics run in cycles, and you as a political science student should know that as much as I do. The trend is looking good for liberals I think (even if its still not too cool for us to come out blazingly loud and proud to be liberals yet). Most of the Senate seats up this time around are in so-called "red" states and they are trending quite strongly toward Democrats. Come 2008, if Democrats sweep both the House and Senate like I hope, it will be much easier to lay the groundwork for a stronger Democratic Senate when more so-called "blue states" come up for Senate elections and the Presidential race.

I don't buy the red state vs. blue state argument anymore. I used to, but its flat out wrong. What this nation has become is an urban vs rural nation. Urban areas vote liberal, rural areas vote conservative. There are obvious caveats to this, but that is a generality that is true in many areas.

Seattle is awfully liberal, and their suburbs are more liberal than a city like Nashville, but rural Washington is solid RED. California is no different, a so-called "blue" state is as red as red can be when you step outside the metropolitan LA, SF, San Diego, and Sacramento areas. Suburban Orange County is one of the most conservative areas in the country, and they have their mega churches and McMansions.

Tennessee just happens to have smaller cities, a relatively higher suburban conservative population that is growing, but to offset that Tennessee has more Democratic rural counties than the average for this region.

That's why Tennessee is more left leaning than many southern states in voting history: our rural counties are more left than average. In fact our rural counties are more blue than California's rural counties. Their cities are just so huge that the rural vote doesn't matter.

Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas were the only southern states to vote Clinton both in 1992 and 1996, and its a trend that should help elect Ford this fall. Tennessee simply is not as Republican as our southern neighbors on all sides. Its all about those few percent in the middle that are highly volatile.

Tennessee also has the highest caucasian population that votes Democrat (based on exit polling vs. other southern states that border us), its radically different from Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi. Its a trend I haven't figured out, but I guess history from the civil war era still has its impact even in 2006. Arkansas and Louisiana depends on minority populations to get Democrats elected, Tennessee doesn't rely so heavily on the minority community. I think its good this state is slightly less segregated in its voting patterns and more minorities and white caucasians are likely to vote for the same candidate.

When rural Tennesseans don't focus on moral issues (as a negative for Democrats) in this state, Democrats will win.

Clinton openly campaigned on a pro-abortion platform and won Tennessee both in 1992 and 1996 because voters in this state didn't place moral issues #1 during those elections.

Moral issues matter because they say a lot about how you will lead. Also, let's hit on some of these "important" points from heckles.

*Get rid of the insane Bush energy plan and replace it with an alternative energy plan that works for getting us off foreign oil

*Lower health care costs and implement more insurance programs for those without the ability to buy it

- Ford voted for the "failed" course in Iraq, and recently voted again in support of the mission

- Ford has been in congress for 4 years longer than Bush has been in the WH, and Ford has voted FOR the un-balanced budget EVERY YEAR. Why am I to think that suddenly he will vote no on un-balanced budgets?

- I am morally opposed to stem cell research, but more importantly, why does the government have a right to take money from me at gunpoint to fund research when the private sector already funds this?

- Again, Ford has had 10 years in congress to propose energy legislation. What has he done? We are finally headed in the right direction on that front

- Bush has tried to propose legislation to cut down on rising health costs (tort reform and the ability for small businesses to combine for the purpose of buying health insurance) but your friends the dems knock him down every time.

Needless to say, I don't see anything that Ford brings to the table.

You picked a bad time to try and defend or even make sense of this commercial. The Republican Committee should make sure their house is clean first. I would rather have a guy hanging out with adult playmates than a guy hanging out with young, underage boys! :lol:

oh yes!!!

i love this soo much.

the fooley case!

love it love it love it.

it makes me soo tickled to hear bout our good ole' rep. fooley in bush's brother's state, florida.

yes..

i'm like chuckling right now actually..

cause its soo funny to think that a "ULTRA CONSERVATIVE" is caught with fondling some teen boys. (not fondling... just tryin to get in boys pants..)

yes yes.

I would rather have clinton messing with monica... than a hypocrite that "has morals" messing with boys ANY DAY!

and rocky..

have you noticed the deficit and how much bush spent on this war and paid contractors to "rebuild" iraq.

its plain as day dude.

seriously though, its pretty prevalent that Ford is going to win.

Moral issues matter because they say a lot about how you will lead. Also, let's hit on some of these "important" points from heckles.

- Ford voted for the "failed" course in Iraq, and recently voted again in support of the mission

- Ford has been in congress for 4 years longer than Bush has been in the WH, and Ford has voted FOR the un-balanced budget EVERY YEAR. Why am I to think that suddenly he will vote no on un-balanced budgets?

- I am morally opposed to stem cell research, but more importantly, why does the government have a right to take money from me at gunpoint to fund research when the private sector already funds this?

- Again, Ford has had 10 years in congress to propose energy legislation. What has he done? We are finally headed in the right direction on that front

- Bush has tried to propose legislation to cut down on rising health costs (tort reform and the ability for small businesses to combine for the purpose of buying health insurance) but your friends the dems knock him down every time.

Needless to say, I don't see anything that Ford brings to the table.

You're obviously a staunch Republican, so there is nothing I could say to convince you otherwise.

But for the sake of facts and standing ground:

*Almost every member of Congress put their good faith in Bush and voted for the AUTHORITY to go to war with Iraq. Authority means BUSH made the decision, and the stipulation was that he went to the U.N. to follow up with weapons inspection and make the decision based on intelligence, respect, and as a LAST RESORT. Bush is responsible for lying to everyone, misleading us, manipulating intelligence, and using bi-partisan support after 9/11 to abuse the nation's fear into going in Iraq. There should be no debate here and that was a CHEAP SHOT at this point to mention such about Ford voting for the AUTHORITY.

*You're morally opposed to stem cell research? Private companies don't have the resources to properly fund all necessary lines of stem cell research, and its the federal government's job through NIH and the Department of Health along with the CDC to do research. Limiting science for research is never a good thing, and I think the vast majority of people agree.

*Ford has had 10 years of experience in Congress, and ironically not one of them have the Democrats had control of the Congress. Democrats have zero power to get legislation passed, and its important to have a Democratic majority so that we can have Democrats who propose legislation that has a chance of passing. Again, your argument is muddy water. Its all about who controls Congress and everyone knows this.

*Bush has proposed legislation for enhanced Health Savings Accounts, he has not proposed health care reduction cost bills. His Medicare plan denies government the ability to bargain for lower drug prices, and it artificially keeps insurance costs high costing the taxpayer more $$$. Health Savings Accounts do not LOWER health care costs, it allows those who have the ability to save money to have a tax-free savings account to use for high deductible and lower monthly premium plans. Lowering health care costs begins by instituting an electronic system for filing claims around more agreed on standards for filing, accounting overhead, and misbilling accounts for upwards of 25-30% of health care waste. Health Savings Accounts do little to nothing for those people without health insurance. Why? Because those without health insurance are those who work for a living, make "too much money" to not be eligible for Medicaid (or in our case TennCare) but do not have a job with good benefits that has health insurance, and many times these jobs do NOT pay enough to put into an HSA or pay high deductible plans. The Bush health care plan does NOTHING to both LOWER cost (it actually promotes the acceleration of high cost and higher taxes through Medicare) and it does nothing to EXPAND health care (HSA's are only good for people who already have insurance and a job that pays enough to put money into a savings plan).

Ironically, HSA and high deductible plans that require lower monthly premium fees tend to take money out of the insurance system and raise premium costs across the board. Again, something you don't even think about when Bush starts touting the HSA plans.

Face it, Bush has no health care plan. He's created a bloated Medicare drug bill that is a failure for 50% of the people who are on it because of the high cost without bargaining and the donut hole effect of the coverage plan in where people have to cover thousands of dollars for their medicine even on the program.

*LAST, but NOT LEAST, the budget.

LOL Ford voted for Bush's budget? Do you know the difference between procedural votes and substantive votes, and votes based on the fact that a majority party has control and you must vote to get things moving? LOLOL!

2006 budget resolution: Ford voted no.

2006 budget reconciliation: Ford did not vote.

Source: http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_de...can_id=BC042346

http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_de...can_id=BC042346

When a member does not vote tends to be a protest of the bill, I'm sure Ford doesn't even bother showing up to some of these votes considering how pathetic they are.

And I added the procedural vote in so that you can see how sneaky these bills are. Half the time, voting for or against something is a vote because some sneaky piece of legislation is part of a bill that needs to be passed. You should already know this, so "voting records" are hardly easy to interpret and easily taken out of context. And in the RSCC's case, they just lie about everything. LOL

Furthermore, all these TV ads the Republican lie machine have been putting out talking down to Ford not voting for intelligence funding is a crock:

Source: http://www.vote-smart.org/issue_keyvote_de...can_id=BC042346

Its easy for the Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee to take votes out of context, and its easy for people like you to repeat the lies they send out isn't it?

At least I backed up my claims instead of just ranting.

But none of this makes you a Ford supporter! I'm doing this for everyone else to realize how much of a crock the Republican establishment is, and who really is doing the lying.

If Democrats controlled the budgetary process and the ability to control what bills come to the floor of Congress, you'd see a clear difference in governing style. As it stands this election is about more than just Ford. Ford can't do jack in the Senate if Republicans continue to control things, and we'll be down the same ole' same ole' path of nonsense.

This election is about continuing the failed Republican Bush administration policies and continuing the failed Republican Congress policy of non-sense; or we can choose change by letting a different party control Congress.

Either you embrace what has been going on or you reject it. And rocky top, it sounds like you want the Bush administration to continue what its doing and you want Congress to remain in Republican hands. In other words: no change.

If you support war based on lies, rediculous budgeting and voluntary waste of the government that demands 100% party loyalty to contractors of the Iraq war and artificially keeps your Medicare expenses high, if you support bringing up anti-gay marriage and anti-stem cell bills every other week to tease the American public, if you support a party that puts power and loyalty to the party above country, then go ahead and support Corker, the Republican machine, and the Bush administration.

Its your right...

Archived