Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JDC

Durham gets a new brand

The Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau has released a new "brand" for the city, leaving the 'D' with the bull's head superimposed on top for a fancy star logo and the new motto, "Where great things happen."

dcvb-logo.gif

Personally I think the motto is a little (OK, a lot) on the bland side. You could say pretty much any city or town is where "great things happen." Some people are already suggesting other slogans - my favorite I've heard so far was "Birthplace of the New South."

Didn't Greenville, SC residents revolt against an assigned motto that nobody liked a few years ago?

Here's a link to the DCVB's brand manual

*YAWN*...that sort of sux. It doesn't really tell me anything about the city. Maybe the Durham Convention & Visitors Bureau is smarter than we thinkk...maybe it was a creative ploy to get people to think of BETTER slogans. ;)

Now that brand Chapel Hill was considering..."Left of Center...Right at Home"--now THAT'S a brand! :D

Now that brand Chapel Hill was considering..."Left of Center...Right at Home"--now THAT'S a brand! :D

I think that technically was going to be Downtown CH's motto...which technically, downtown is to the "left side" of Chapel Hill on the map. :rofl:No no, we're not meaning the political sense! ;)

Heh...anyway...yeah for Durham, "Birthplace of the New South" is a nice one. Pretty accurate too I think. :thumbsup:

Regardless of the Plensa thing not working out, I still think that Raleigh's slogan ought to be: "Find yourself...in Raleigh".

Or for the new visitor ---------- Find Yourself..In Raleigh...........on the beltline lost and going the wrong way trying to find your exit to the airport !!!!!