Which Local Car Dealer Has The Most Annoying Ads?

Batou

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the Donald Craig Suzuki adverts. "Like I Totally Just Said That". :rofl:

Reverand Rob of Apple Auto Sales is pretty funny too.

I don't remember any of the ones I don't like. Maybe the stock GM & Ford adverts used by the local dealers of those brands that are directed towards Southern stereotypes. Oh and the dismal Dr. Z ads. We have a thread here devoted just to Dr. Z. It's kind of died down since he is off the air now.

I can't stand the one, and can't remember what he is selling it is so annoying, that screams BAM while tossing around a football with a bunch of high school football players.

Reverand Rob -- I actually like those -- it looks like they have fun. I want his wig.

That would be Harrelson Nissan Rock Hill. I hate that one! The guy screams so loud.

Most annoying:

- Lake Norman whatever with the man walking with sign. I'd like to see the woman walk for once.

- Harrelson in Rock Hill. BAM!

The best:

- Donald Craig. His paid TV show is better than most things on television. I'm tempted to work there. Looks fun.

Most annoying:

- Lake Norman whatever with the man walking with sign. I'd like to see the woman walk for once.

- Harrelson in Rock Hill. BAM!

The best:

- Donald Craig. His paid TV show is better than most things on television. I'm tempted to work there. Looks fun.

Sounds like the Chopper show at Towbin Dodge here in Vegas. He puts on show with his used cars and people with costumes. A blue genie is his sidekick and whenever he wants to drop the price his phrase is CHOP IT.

The BAM guy is doubly annoying, because he often buys two 15 second spots in a row. (Or "sandwiches" another ad.)

Although I only watch TV when at a restaurant or a bar... I have one at home, but it's only there for guests.

Oh that blond haired woman for Randy Marion who is dressed like hooker with no taste. The one that goes "Thats why Randy is the King of Price!". I agree the Toyota ads are some of the annoying on TV.

man, i've needed to vent about that ad for awhile. something about that woman really grates on my nerves.... it might be b/c shes been putting her mini-me daughter on those ads ever since her daughter could sit up straight. something about it is disgusting... kinda like those flippin' welch's grape juice commercials.

another annoyance... "i'm standing @ the NEW honda of concord!" (... and i'm a f'ing idiot)

sorry. i don't know what it is about commercials that i don't like, but they really boil the blood... while i'm here - i say death to dodge & hardee's ads.

^Thanks Cinco, that's the one I was trying to think of: "I'm about to get knifed at the corner of Wilkinson and Little Rock Road, just 11.6 miles from the NEW Honda of Concord!"

ha, ha. i just pray for someone else to open a honda dealership in concord... unless they were sneaky enough to actually name their business "new honda" - that claim would make them liars.... with bad taste.

I think the most annoying is the ad Donald Craig runs for their pretend company 'The Auto Credit Group' that tricks people with bad credit into thinking the representative is searching all dealerships in the area for the best deal, yet they only refer to the closest Donald Craig Suzuki/Mazda dealership...

It goes something like this. "Have bad credit? northcarolinacarcredit.com. Have bankruptcy? northcarolinacarcredit.com. Haven't paid child support in 10 years? northcarolinacarcredit.com.... etc etc etc."

It reminds me of those Head On- Apply directly to the forehead commercials..

ha, ha. i just pray for someone else to open a honda dealership in concord... unless they were sneaky enough to actually name their business "new honda" - that claim would make them liars.... with bad taste.

I think Hendrick has the exclusive franchise to Honda in this area.

Give props to East Charlotte Nissan for hiring that blonde bombshell in thier ads. :yahoo:

Sure beats having to look at Mrs. Harleson or some dumbass dog on a truck. :shok:

oh, yeah... your talking about "jolene". i have a theory about her.... i don't think those ads are filmed in charlotte. i get a feeling they are filmed in a studio somewhere else. it wouldn't suprise me if all "jolene" did all day was do ads for various nissan dealerships (or other companys). they never show anything in their commercials that would place them in charlotte other than say "east charlotte of nissan".

i don't know this for sure, but it's a suspicion i've had for awhile. if any of you have any info that would clear this mystery up for me... it would welcomed.

oh, yeah... your talking about "jolene". i have a theory about her.... i don't think those ads are filmed in charlotte. i get a feeling they are filmed in a studio somewhere else. it wouldn't suprise me if all "jolene" did all day was do ads for various nissan dealerships (or other companys). they never show anything in their commercials that would place them in charlotte other than say "east charlotte of nissan".

i don't know this for sure, but it's a suspicion i've had for awhile. if any of you have any info that would clear this mystery up for me... it would welcomed.

My roommate was in the same sorority (ok i suck at spelling that ;) as her! She was actually Miss Kentucky USA at one point. It is really funny b/c my roomie still has the pics of her pledge class and she is in them. She has been trying to figure out if she had moved to Charlotte from Kentucky as well, or if she moved out to L.A.

My favorite all time local car commercial has to be the old ones with bill elliot (the NASCAR driver who is known as "awesome bill from Dawsonville"). I forget which dealership it was for, but it was definitely budget! You could barely hear the voices over the loud humm of the microphones from the JVC camcorder they got at walmart. The funniest part about the commercial was at the end Bill elliot said that they "crushed" the competition (while crushing a canned drink). Then there was a slight pause (almost as if the the guy forgets his lines), and a "hey that's awesome bill" comes out from someone standing in the back. I laughed my @ss off every time I saw it. I think this was early 90's (and periodically i saw it again in the late 90's).

But as of current ones, i would have to agree with the "weeeeee're heealin" credit of apple auto sales. I laugh everytime

Archived