Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rizzo

Grand Rapids in colors!

5 posts in this topic

If you were to create an entirely new logo for the City of Grand Rapids, what color(s) would you use to represent the city? Be specific...

Blues and whites, with a single element of red. Everything will have natural curves to it. The blues and whites representing both the Grand River and the GR skyline, and the red representing the calder and the heart of the city, standing out from everything else in the picture.

As far as logos I think there should be certain colors designated for certain areas of the city....like the business and entertainment district should be in vibrant colors and funky shapes...while the heritage hill area could use traditional colors with some sort of old-fashioned font...I dunno, I think it would give a more unique feel to the different areas of town...

as far as GR itself...I agree with the blues and whites kinda like the new rapid bus design...nothing too busy but more simplistic style if anything.

Blues and whites, with a single element of red. Everything will have natural curves to it. The blues and whites representing both the Grand River and the GR skyline, and the red representing the calder and the heart of the city, standing out from everything else in the picture.

Well if you are going to stick the Calder in there then you will need to include horizontal and perpendicular black rectangles in the background to represent the city and county buildings that we are apparently stuck with forever. Otherwise there will be no artistic integrity.

I didn't say sticking the calder in there, juat a little bit of red which can be used to represent the heart of the city, or GR sticking out among everything else, or the calder... all depending upon the eye of the beholder.