I-555

idlewild

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When will I-555 be completed from Jonesboro to West Memphis?

Parts of the upgrade are already completed. The 55/555 interchange is about 75% complete. Tyronza overpass and re-route is about 90% complete and Marked Tree is about 50-75% complete. In all, it should be finished by fall '07. This is discussed in the Jonesboro Developments topic.

thanks just thought i would add some conversation about east arkansas instead of listening to all the boring dribble constantly about "NWA Arkansas" and Wal-Mart being the greatest thing since sliced bread, thanks for the info.

Here's an idea if you think it's all 'boring dribble' in Northwest Arkansas then don't come over and stay in your own forum. We must be doing something right considering how many posts and hits we get compared to most of the other forums.

You mean northwest Arkansas isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I mean, I haven't been up that way in years but I'm under the impression that it's a pretty special place with more going on than most metro areas in the nation, including MEMPHIS, Little Rock, Shreveport, Tulsa, OKC, etc.

I think it's pretty nice.

Rod... down, boy!!!!!! ;)

You mean northwest Arkansas isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread?

I mean, I haven't been up that way in years but I'm under the impression that it's a pretty special place with more going on than most metro areas in the nation, including MEMPHIS, Little Rock, Shreveport, Tulsa, OKC, etc.

I think it's pretty nice.

Rod... down, boy!!!!!! ;)

I stand by the fact we are doing something right with all our boring dribble since the NWA forum is one of the most successful forums here on UP. Granted NWA isn't for everyone. But I don't care to see someone posting snide comments about my area either.

I stand by the fact we are doing something right with all our boring dribble since the NWA forum is one of the most successful forums here on UP. Granted NWA isn't for everyone. But I don't care to see someone posting snide comments about my area either.

No doubt...

I was just kidding with the "down boy" comment.

I'm not very popular on another website's urban forums because I've stood up for my area many times.

It's all good, man! But I agree... people who only want to talk down other metro areas need to either be quiet or take it elsewhere. Afterall, city bashing isn't allowed on UP.

No doubt...

I was just kidding with the "down boy" comment.

I'm not very popular on another website's urban forums because I've stood up for my area many times.

It's all good, man! But I agree... people who only want to talk down other metro areas need to either be quiet or take it elsewhere. Afterall, city bashing isn't allowed on UP.

Was it Skyscraper City or Skyscraper Page?

• 2 months later...
I personally think it's unfortunate when people from the same state try to tear down cities in their own state to make their city look better..... especially when it's in Arkansas. Face it, we don't have the best reputation as a state -- we need to band together and promote each other, thereby promoting ourselves. This is a great state, and each Metro (as well as the many rural areas) has something special to offer in completing the whole picture. Different things appeal to different people, and rampant regionalism inside a state the size of Arkansas is just an invitation for failure.

Sorry, I just hate to see Arkansans fight with each other. :)

Archived