Some of what I saw on a short trip to Little Rock

byrde

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, my home state. Nice pics. :thumbsup: If I may ask, what parts of Little Rock, besides the Capitol area, Clinton Library, and Markham Street did you see? Hopefully you saw the River Market area, that's the best place in Little Rock, IMO.

I didn't get a chance to spend much time in the River Market area, but I did drive past it. I stayed at a hotel out in the Financial Centre area. I had dinner at a place called Cajun Warf. I had a nice brief stay in the Rock.

Cajun's Wharf is amazing, I'm glad you ate there. That's a shame about the Rivermarket area, you really would have enjoyed it.

I may get a chance to visit that area when my Grambling Tigers visits Little Rock to play UAPB @ War Memorial in a little over a week.

Those are some nice pictures, thanks for posting them.

Mcheiss, do you know if the streetcars are used a lot by the local population (are they a serious mode of transportation there?), or are they just there to entertain the tourists?

I see, I can imagine it's quite useful, because it connects both sides of the river to eachother. Also, the fact that the're expanding it indicates that it's got enough ridership. Judging by those pictures, I'd say that the built environment of Downtown Little Rock is dense enough to make a streetcar network economically viable. Thanks for the info!

Archived