Florida Retail Federation Mixed Use Office Building

celebrated

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Growth Management:

9-26-2006

The parcels identified above are eligible for the development of a 450,000 square foot multi-story office, hotel, street level retail, restaurant, and parking garage. The Urban PUD approval process includes Type "A" Site Plan and Urban Design Commission reviews. You may wish to seek a conditional Type "A" Site Plan approval prior to Urban Design Commission review, and prior to applying for the Urban PUD application. Please note that the Urban PUD Concept plan should include measurable development standards that allow for some flexibility to the specific site and building plans.

I was told today that FRF will only be occupying 15,000 sq ft. Each floor will be 24,000 sq ft.

I was also told (by the broker) that the hotel portion of the project (along with those floors) may be cut in order to get the project going more quickly. In either case, they quoted me 2.5 (from FRF) to 3 (from broker) years to completion.

There will be selling space here for roughly the same price as the Floridan was being offered for. The floors are much larger (24k compared to 10k).

Since the bad news on the Floridan forum, I started looking around for other options. I like the part of downtown that this project is located in better (more in the heart of things), it includes on-site parking (rather than a separate parking structure) and will likely be taller (even without the hotel).

They have an architect, contractor, broker and project manager lined up. They are seeking public assistance for the parking garage from the city as well as some resolution on the hotel issue to move forward.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Yes.... I really want this, cause its the next building we have., Atleast always want one building going up in DT, plaza tower will be done soon, and alliance center wont take long, so im hoping that either the floridan or aloft hotel, or FRF building starts as the other projects are ending.

• 2 weeks later...

UPdate {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Florida Retail Federation Mixed Use Office Building

I spoke with a representative for this project yesterday who gave me some very interesting tid-bits of information. The project is still moving along. The 2009 delivery date may be wishful thinking at this time because the building is still on the drawing board and several changes have been made to it. It is also said to still be in permitting which may take a while also. The parcel is eligible for the development of a 450,000 multi-story office, hotel, street level retail, restaurant, and parking garage. Many of these elements were in the original plan, including the hotel, however the owner has decided to drop the plans for a hotel and instead pursue 100,000 square feet of office space with and additional 20,000 sq. ft. of ground floor retail and/or other uses.

The owner has been advised to seek conditional Type A site plan approval prior to Urban Design Commission review, and prior to applying for the Urban PUD. Therefore we should see some movement in the Growth Management Type A meeting reports in the coming year. The Urban PUD concept plan should include measurable development standards that allow for some flexibility to the specific site and building plans.

Florida Retail Federation paid $1,000,000 for the property in December of 2005. They later sold the property to a subsidiary, FRF Realty (Florida Retail Federation) who shares the same address as the Association in June of 2006, which is managed by the Florida Retail Federation. Richard A. McAllister is President and CEO of that company. Company officials decline to comment on their specific plans at this time, but have noted they are working on a new facility.

Edited to Add: [UrbanPlanet Exclusive]-- TJL

I think that like religion i politics... cough... gender in compliments should not be an issue! !

But 'bout the buildin'-

Kinda sounds a bit smaller than I imagined... I think... It seems like the nice proposal we have on here would have been bigger. I mean, the density gain from a nice 10+ stories here would be awsome- but 15 or better... sigh-

Archived