Florida Retail Federation Mixed Use Office Building

celebrated

When I talked them a while ago, I was told each floor would be 20,000+ sq ft. If that is still true, that means this building has dropped to 5 stories (6 if the retail separate from the office sq footage). Pretty lame compared to the time this building spent as an 18 floor concept, and even compared to the 10 floor office-only variation we talked about a few months ago.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

UrbanPlanet First Look

FRF Realty Office Building

Here's the latest look at the Florida Retail Federation Mixed Use Office Building. These images were visible through an office Downtown tonight, so did some James Bond stuff and snapped a picture through the window to bring them to you! Enjoy!

Duval Street - West Elevation

gallery_3748_8_199257.jpg

Hotel Entry Detail - College Avenue

gallery_3748_8_156588.jpg

Jefferson Street - South Elevation

gallery_3748_8_104952.jpg

This is a Beauty. I'd love to see it when it's finished.

Don't get your hopes up for a high rise on that parcel just yet. Look more closely at the spied rendering...the actual rendering date is Nov 8, 2006. It's stalled because the Tallahassee market just can't support all of that right now, let alone the four other large/high-rise mixed-use projects in the works.

Since there's little new growth (new businesses requiring premium downtown office space that is), developers are vying for the same pool of existing tenants willing to "move up" to newer and better digs. It's a matter who ever can attract and sign up enough tenants to pull the trigger on construction wins. (Which is exactly what the Alliance Center Developers did.)

So in a sense, all of these projects are in "play", they are just waiting for the right time to "go". Patience...my urban-'lovin friends.

Peace out.

Don't get your hopes up for a high rise on that parcel just yet. Look more closely at the spied rendering...the actual rendering date is Nov 8, 2006. It's stalled because the Tallahassee market just can't support all of that right now, let alone the four other large/high-rise mixed-use projects in the works.

Since there's little new growth (new businesses requiring premium downtown office space that is), developers are vying for the same pool of existing tenants willing to "move up" to newer and better digs. It's a matter who ever can attract and sign up enough tenants to pull the trigger on construction wins. (Which is exactly what the Alliance Center Developers did.)

So in a sense, all of these projects are in "play", they are just waiting for the right time to "go". Patience...my urban-'lovin friends.

Peace out.

• 1 month later...

Archived