City Hall Site

cdude9409

This building is actually going to make City Hall look MUCH MUCH BETTER. I didn't think it possible for anything to improve the appearance of City Hall, but I guess it's all in how you accessorize. :thumbsup:

Instead of tennis courts, perhaps put-put golf or rock climbing walls?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This all sounds great! I especially love the courtyard with the water wall/ice rink/public restroom.

I have to second that notion on the public restrooms. In my humble opinion, this is something that is seriously missing from RiverPlace. You have to get a key from Starbucks to use the quasi-public restroom in the office building there. The public restroom at Falls Park/Falls Place behind the Overlook Grill is always too crowded, too. Public restroom space is a must-have in any new project downtown.

I too am very excited! This is a well designed, unique looking building, that will add a lot of character to DT! Much nicer than what I had envisioned. Only negative is that it isn't going to be the original 10-12 stories. BTW, anyone know if the other companies who had proposals for this site are looking elsewhere DT?

^^^

I studied that site a bit yesterday, too. The rendering makes the building in general look "longer" than it actually would be, too. Or so it seems to me. There isn't that much distance along Broad between Main Street and Laurens Street. It's almost as though the rendering stretches things out a bit more visually than they would actually be and lowers them a bit. :lol:

It's no less impressive of a plan though. I like it.

It's definitely off. If you continue the roof line, it lines up with Poinsett Corners which should be 3 stories shorter... :whistling: Of course, in the Bookends rendering for the McBee, they made the NBSC building look about the same height as the Bookends... :rolleyes:

It'll be that much more impressive when built. This should have a great impact on the view when entering downtown on Academy Street. :tough:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have the article or renderings for this site saved? The greenville news link is broken, and I'd like to catch up on this development.

On a side note... "Developers stated that they were close to having a deal with a big name restaurant for the main street space."

What are your thoughts of a Cheesecake Factory going into this location? My first thought is awesome, but parking would be a nightmare. This is one restraunt that has to be looking into the Greenville market, but where might they go? I think downtown would be an amazing location, but would somewhere near the malls or Woodruff road better suit them?

Does anyone have the article or renderings for this site saved? The greenville news link is broken, and I'd like to catch up on this development.

On a side note... "Developers stated that they were close to having a deal with a big name restaurant for the main street space."

What are your thoughts of a Cheesecake Factory going into this location? My first thought is awesome, but parking would be a nightmare. This is one restraunt that has to be looking into the Greenville market, but where might they go? I think downtown would be an amazing location, but would somewhere near the malls or Woodruff road better suit them?

Archived