Westshore Mall Purchased

Kayak1

Saw that Westshore Mall was purchased by a California Company. Hopefully this will help the struggling mall. It was such a huge deal when it opened and went down hill from there. It used to pull people in from Jenison, Hudsonville, Grand Haven and surrounding areas. Now with Rivertown and The Lakes Mall, Westshore is not pulling that same group. Good Luck Westshore.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would hope it would help the mall. I haven't been there in years, and don't think it would go the way of Grand Village Mall in Grandville, or Rogers Plaza in Wyoming - but who knows? However, I was in Centerpointe the other day, and for all its remodeling and advertising, it just wasn't very appealing to me. Maybe I didn't look around enough, but it certainly didn't appear to be a destination I would ever go to, and it certainly wasn't busy, and that made me sad for the mall. :cry:

I wonder how they are doing?

Visser Bros purchased the old Eastbrook mall almost a decade ago. Back then when it was "Eastbrook". It was in direct competition with Woodland. Since then, the management of the mall have tried to target that "bargain" mall market. Something akin to a Great Lakes Crossing but on a much smaller scale. Centerpointe certainly isn't a destination mall even now. But given where it was. They have made great strides over the past few years. I imagine it's only getting better for them.

Visser Bros purchased the old Eastbrook mall almost a decade ago. Back then when it was "Eastbrook". It was in direct competition with Woodland. Since then, the management of the mall have tried to target that "bargain" mall market. Something akin to a Great Lakes Crossing but on a much smaller scale. Centerpointe certainly isn't a destination mall even now. But given where it was. They have made great strides over the past few years. I imagine it's only getting better for them.

Yeah, I remember Eastbrook, and I went to school with a Visser grandaughter. I think you're right, it might be better than where they were. I just couldn't find myself returning for anything. However, I should save a judgement until Christmas season, when it should be in its prime busy season.

Archived