Hotel Bond

tombarnes

• 3 months later...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to a story in the Danbury newspaper.

"The 12-story Bond building, a once grand hotel that stood empty in recent years, is getting a new lease on life from the Hilton hotel chain. In December, it's slated to open as Homewood Hotel Suites, a branch of Hilton."

The Bond/Homewood Suites has had more false starts than a sprinter on meth.

• 4 weeks later...

But wait there's more. Another new date.

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hot...ctyhocn=WNDHWHW

The positive is that the hotel is actually on the Homewood Suites site. It has an accurate description and you can make a reservation.

The negative is no reservations before Jan 31. That means an opening in February, not late summer 06, not December 06, Feb 07.

But wait there's more. Another new date.

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hot...ctyhocn=WNDHWHW

The positive is that the hotel is actually on the Homewood Suites site. It has an accurate description and you can make a reservation.

The negative is no reservations before Jan 31. That means an opening in February, not late summer 06, not December 06, Feb 07.

On the news of Apricots opening a new restaurant on the new ground floor that is great. Right now that area of Asylum needs some more foot traffic. It is not an extremly pedestrian friendly area with a huge parking lot (Hilton Lot) and its proximity to the bus station and I-84. But nevertheless Black Eyed Sallys, Hot Tomatoes, Bushnell Park, the Metropolitan, TheaterWorks and Union Station are in that area and a new restaurant will definitly help

• 2 months later...

We can only hope....I hope it is March 1st because this is one piece of the puzzle in fixing Asylum Street between Ann and High Streets. There is that huge parking lot (Hilton lot), 410 Asylum Street which Common Ground will hopefull start work and a yet to open Hilton

I hope that 410 Asylum can be completed to bring some tenants to that area, the Homewood Suites to get some more foot traffic in that area, and maybe a restaurant to join the possible Apricots at the Bond, Black Eyed Sallys and Hot Tomatos to be housed in the Capital Center building...the red brick office building next to 410 Asylum

• 1 month later...
I'm coming to Hartford for a conference in the middle of April. I called the hotel reservation number but only got a recording. I did leave a call back number, so far no contact.

The most recent date for opening is a week from today. That seems highly unlikely.

So is there much evidence of progress on the building? Usually, if a hotel is going to open soon, it's fairly obvious. I'm really pleased that they are, in fact, saving this building. It might even be worth a trip up to Hartford just to visit- but then again, I'm a hotel nut.

So is there much evidence of progress on the building? Usually, if a hotel is going to open soon, it's fairly obvious. I'm really pleased that they are, in fact, saving this building. It might even be worth a trip up to Hartford just to visit- but then again, I'm a hotel nut.

The earliest opening

"Danial is in the process of converting the historic hotel into a Homewood Suites extended-stay hotel, but an agreement signed with the city said he was to have completed the project by March 2005."

• 4 weeks later...

Archived