Hotel Bond

tombarnes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather see developers take their time with historic buildings than to do a quick, dirty job on them. Delays are frustrating, but if the end product is better everyone wins. I'm curious about the interior of the building. Was there much left in the way of interior detail after the years of renovations?

It's not sad at all, in fact it's great. There's 100% more progress there than in most parcels in downtown Hartford. They can take all the time in the world as far as I'm concerned, I'd still commend them for working on this great building.

Take their time to do what right? Construct a cookie cutter Homewood Suites???? Come on! This project has been stop and go for at least 7 years. In 2000, Robert Danial began work on what was then supposed to be luxury apartments at the Bond Hotel with Apricots Restaurant opening on the ground floor. That's SEVEN years ago. The guy is a real estate speculator disguised as a developer. All he wants are tax breaks while sitting on his properties. The Butt Ugly Building and the Myrtle St. building on I-84 that he punched gaping holes in are testament to this. The city should rid itself of this guy. The city shouldn't even have allowed this historic gem to be turned into a Homewood Suites.

That was one of the reasons I had asked about the interior. It is not uncommon, however, for delays to occur when restoring older buildings. It's also quite possible that the interior won't be finished with much sensitivity as the rehab is turning the building into a limited-service hotel. I'd hate to see the interior filled with popcorn ceilings and fake wood. I'm not from Hartford and must confess that I don't know anything about the developer.

The schedule is two years behind. There is no good reason for the hold up. Any competent builder could have opened this project by now. These delays are artificial and the work goes slowly because that's what the developer wants. Why he wants it I don't know. My guess is that he wants the perfect time to open the hotel so he can flip it without every having to run it.

The schedule is two years behind. There is no good reason for the hold up. Any competent builder could have opened this project by now. These delays are artificial and the work goes slowly because that's what the developer wants. Why he wants it I don't know. My guess is that he wants the perfect time to open the hotel so he can flip it without every having to run it.

No. Danial is known to buy buildings dirt cheap and just sat on them and let them rot without doing any work and then sell them when the real estate condition is right. I drive by Hotel Bond everyday. The interior looks like crap. It is ashame what is done to the once very elegant Hotel Bond.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived