Nissan Plant Downsizing?

jetjockey75

I heard on the news yesterday that the Nissan plant in Canton will be losing two of their product lines. Apparently, Nissan's minivan and an Infiniti sedan currently built in Canton will now be manufactured in Japan. I wonder if that is going to affect the employment at the plant, or if they will just be building more Titans or Armadas or whatever else they build there.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, just upping the truck/car build and moving the Quest, and QX56 production overseas (where it should be in the first place). Nobody will be affected, as far as their job security is concerned. Everyone keeps their jobs.

The Quest is the minivan and the QX56 is the Infinity SUV monster that looks like the Nissan Armada.

^ Yeah, nobody is going anywhere. My moter-in-law is a 17 year manager at the plant here in Nashville and she was telling us about this over dinner last night. Most people knew this was going to happen due to Quality Assurance issues regarding these two models at that plant.

It beats me why Nissan would roll out 5 vehicles, one of which was the first year Titan, a vehicle critical to gaining market share in the pickup category, with a completely green workforce. I read somewhere this is unheard of. Have the quality issues gotten better yet?

Archived