Ann Arbor's Not All Bad

RustTown

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this. It's a take of Ann Arbor by the Lansing Noise, one of Lansing's two, major alternative newspapers:

Ann Arbor's not all bad

U-M aside, the liberal haven has lots of cool eats, shops and clubs

October 5, 2006

By Christy L. Breithaupt

NOISE

Yes, Ann Arbor is the home of the University of Michigan. And, yes, it's pretty expensive and the antithesis of all a Spartan stands for.

But darn it - it's also got some pretty neat stuff to do and see and buy.

So throw on your favorite green-and-white-pride outfit and head to Ann Arbor for an interesting weekend away. After all, it is the weekend of the big game (as if you didn't know that). The Spartans face the Wolverines on Saturday in Ann Arbor's "Big House." And considering how the team lost 23-20 to the University of Illinois, one of the worst teams in the Big Ten, Spartan fans may have good reason to find other ways to pass their time.

http://lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/...=73258974035957

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great find LMich! I think this article is helpful for everyone visiting A2. They list a few places that might be unknown to a lot of people. God, I love Nicholes arcade. Its something you'd only find in Europe. It's grand columned entry wedged between two buildings, it's like walking into another world. I love the shops in there.

Archived