Hight restriction(s)

PDX5033

Will we ever see a tower in the downtown area that will reach 500'+? A lot of the towers we have going up right now are max'd out at 300-325'. However, all the towers going up (especially the John Ross and block-38) are very very nice. I just wish we would develope a 500'+ tower one day to take the attention off the god aweful Wells Fargo tower!

31-stories, you gotta love the Benson Tower design!

bensontower.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Portland is truly ready for a new signature tower. However, isn't there restrictions, not necessarily on height, but the amount of sun any new building would block and that is one reason why there aren't any mega towers downtown?

I'm not exactly sure. I mean.. Nashville (yes, Nashville!) has a new signature tower going up at 1024' (!!!!!). I'd love to see a 600' sleek tower between the koin tower and "big Pink". I believe the tallest tower is the Wells Fargo at 560', just an aweful design, imo.

Archived