Flattering Greenville news

Carter711

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

On another forum (which I won't mention), a person saw photos of Greenville and their response was "Downtown Greenville is plain out neat". I like that.....Plain out neat!

Greenville.........Quality life

Greenville.........Plain out neat

To the point, cute, plain out neat! :D:D

An article from the Sarasota, FL. paper about people in Florida moving northward to other Southern states, to escape the high cost of home ownership in Florida. A very flattering paragraph near the end about Greenville:

"Greenville, by the way, has the reputation of being one of the finest cities in the South, with an impressive downtown, lots of culture and fine dining and an abundance of Southern hospitality."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...IST10/612230476

My brother-in-law (and sister and their family) has been visiting with us for the past week and he filled me in on an update from Fort Wayne. It seems there's already been some discussion of it on U.P., as well. Take a look at the last few posts in this thread and I believe you'll find they're definitely putting forth some lessons learned perhaps from their visit to Greenville? :)

My brother-in-law (and sister and their family) has been visiting with us for the past week and he filled me in on an update from Fort Wayne. It seems there's already been some discussion of it on U.P., as well. Take a look at the last few posts in this thread and I believe you'll find they're definitely putting forth some lessons learned perhaps from their visit to Greenville? :)

This is from October but I don't see that it was posted anywhere, if it was, please overlook this post. Greenville was chosen by Southern Living as one of it's three favorite cities, along with Nashville and Wilmington, Delaware. This was a written article, not a bought and paid for advertisement.

Here's the link to the posting on Greenville Forward.

http://www.greenvilleforward.com/Downloada...st%20cities.pdf

This is from October but I don't see that it was posted anywhere, if it was, please overlook this post. Greenville was chosen by Southern Living as one of it's three favorite cities, along with Nashville and Wilmington, Delaware. This was a written article, not a bought and paid for advertisement.

Usually it's just for geographical purposes. Culturally, DC, MD, and DE are more northeastern than southern IMO, which is why I thought it was surprising that Southern Living magazine (which is all about contemporary Southern culture) considers Wilmington southern.

One thing is for sure though, as an extension of what Greenville said: that city will mess up your credit if you're not careful. :)

I was more suprised that Wilmington, Delaware would be in anyone's 3 favorite cities. :lol: Kidding aside, my only experience with it is driving through it on I-95 and taking an exit once for a rest stop. It felt old and "rust beltish." The skyline was impressive, even from a distance. Their economy is probably good since all of the credit card companies are located there. :)

Culturally, DC is fairly evenly split. I'm there about every 3 weeks and gotta say, it has a REAL Southern side. Lots of "good ole boys"....the network is alive and well. While it does have some northern culture, it's citizens tend to be far more laid back than it's northern peers. I've always thought DC had somewhat of a split personality.

Culturally, DC is fairly evenly split. I'm there about every 3 weeks and gotta say, it has a REAL Southern side. Lots of "good ole boys"....the network is alive and well. While it does have some northern culture, it's citizens tend to be far more laid back than it's northern peers. I've always thought DC had somewhat of a split personality.

Archived