Charlotte Webcams

Neo

I don't think it's open yet, but close. There are still construction workers out there on a daily basis (I work right beside it - the webcam is actually mounted on the building I work in). But actually the construction will continue. This is just phase one - there will be a nearly identical building being built next to in towards Tryon street. Basically lie a flipped mirror image of the one that is already built. So basically if you think of this one shaped like an upside-down "V" from a bird's eye view, the other one will be a right-side-up "V."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not that we can view them, but CMPD does have a task force that monitors the city-owned street cameras to help catch criminals faster (watching for vehicles matching a description going through intersections near the crime scene, for example, and perhaps getting a look at the driver or tag number, or at least knowing which way they fled.) Just an interesting tidbit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Charlotte Air Quality Cam updates every 15 minutes and gives a nice view of the skyline from Sharon Towers in SouthPark. For those interested click on "Visibility Camera" from the link below.

http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/AirQuality/Pages/Air_Quality_Monitoring.aspx

You can also see the crane for the Woodfield Apartments in the center just below the skyline.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Maybe someone can help me with this.  I found the WBTV Tower Cam (http://www.wbtv.com/category/273331/wbtv-tower-cam) in this thread.  Every time I look at it at night, I can see lights or a screen flashing, but I can't figure out where it actually is.  I circled it in red in this pic, but if you watch the webcam, you can see it flashing/moving.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...