Charlotte Webcams

Neo

• 6 months later...

Hey guys, longtime lurker with a question.  I recently contacted EarthCam to see if they had any interest in putting one of their cameras in a good spot for a great shot of uptown Charlotte.  Their business development coordinator emailed me back that Charlotte was definitely on their wish list, and did I know of a location they could reach out to that might be interested?  I thought I'd throw this out there since it would be great to see Charlotte alongside so many other cities webcams.  Does anybody here know of a great location they could reach out to, potentially?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gastonite said:

Hey guys, longtime lurker with a question.  I recently contacted EarthCam to see if they had any interest in putting one of their cameras in a good spot for a great shot of uptown Charlotte.  Their business development coordinator emailed me back that Charlotte was definitely on their wish list, and did I know of a location they could reach out to that might be interested?  I thought I'd throw this out there since it would be great to see Charlotte alongside so many other cities webcams.  Does anybody here know of a great location they could reach out to, potentially?

I would say either on Novant Presbyterian Hospital on the roof great shot into the skyline or work with WBTV and their cam and tower on W Morehead.  

• Like 3

I’ve always liked the view from SouthPark. There’s already an air quality cam that exists from that area but it’s been down for a long time and the picture quality isn’t the best. To me the view from SP is one of the best at showing off the skyline and the growing SouthEnd skyline can be seen from there as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davidclt said:

Would they only accept a business address or would a residential location suffice?

CamView.thumb.jpg.b4417b351fd0d77353ca47ad349f13d9.jpg

I think either would suffice.  She asked me if I would be interested in putting one up, but since I live all the way in Lowell, that's not an option.  If you would like to reach out to her,  message me and I'll give you her contact information.

BTW, that's a fantastic view of Uptown!

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
6 minutes ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Y’all what happened Mecklenburg County air quality cam? It was never a high quality production but I think it’s gone for good now. https://www.mecknc.gov/LUESA/AirQuality/AirQualityData/Pages/visibility.aspx

The page was updated so the old link is outdated. Here is the new link.

https://airquality.mecknc.gov/data

The webcam is at the bottom of the page now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2