Charlotte spends $70,000 For New Motto

monsoon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few ideas i thought of just now:

Charlotte: No, this isn't Atlanta....yet...

Charlotte: Racing Was Born Here (didn't they use this for the Hall of Fame Bit)

Charlotte: Home of the Wonderful World of Weather (fox charlotte commercial reference)

• 2 weeks later...

I play fantasy football with friends, and get occasional alerts (ads mostly), this is one such "alert", http://view.ed4.net/v/X016/8AD2GN/NOVB64/RRUMK0/FORMAT=H , you'll notice, this is for the frickin' Super Bowl commercials! They will get thousands of ideas for it at minumum, and make people feel great about giving away free their intellectual property.

• 1 year later...

I think the $70,000 would have been better spent:

Replacing two older city vehicles with hybrids,

Acquiring a known drug house by eminent domain, or

Having a Kindergarten class come up with the new slogan, and then treating that class to a week a Disney World.

Having had some time to digest it and get over the initial shock at how unimpressive it sounds, I can see how maybe this could be incorporated into an ad campaign. "Charlotte's got a lot" ... of sports ... of opportunity ... of pride. Or whatever. Kinda like the "Ssssh" campaign a couple of years ago, or the "Find Your Center" billboards.

I'm really disappointed in what $70k will buy you. I've heard of wasteful spending by the government on projects like ketchup or pickles but this is absolutely ridiculous. A previous poster said it best, just let a all of the Kindergarten classes come up with a slogan and send the winning class on a trip to Disney World.

$70k for this crappy slogan, way to go. The terrible grammar is just icing on the cake, it solidifies what the rest of the country likely thinks about when they think of Charlotte.

Archived