Should Research Triangle Park have a more Hi-Tech look from the freeways signs to the lighting around the area?

Atlside

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The highway signs don't necessarily be changed, signs work make RTP any different than it already is. Besides, there's a standard for interstate signs everywhere. If we want to make 'the park' stand out more, we should concentrate more on transitioning from the park style layout. A common center, similar to a downtown, would help define RTP.

Well, the electronic signs in RTP wouldn't only have to show speeds. They could make them show all kinds of information.

As far as blue signs may make the park stand out. This way one might feel and see they are in a special place. Right now no one can tell they are in the Research Triangle Park.

If they were going to do something like this. I would imagine the signs being like the airport signs that tell you what airlines are at what terminals. This is purely imaginative. At every exit you could name the big businesses at that exit.

I do agree that the amount of trees and and space between bldgs. does not play in its favor if some visitor is looking for density. Forget it.

I think the issue is I-40 runs east/west and the park runs North/South......or vis versa. The part where is I-40 runs through is slimmest part of the park. Maybe some more signs but the park is understated and there is something nice about it. In time, there will be more of central feeling if the Metro Center is built.

I think a simple sign saying "You are enterning Research Triangle Park, the largest Reserch Oriented Park in the World" or something like that.

The problem with that is due to the north/south----East/west axis, as soon as you read the sign, there would have to be another one saying you are exiting.

Archived