Frisco Depot Condos

strmchsr77

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

It has been over a year since we have posted or even heard anything about this huge Dickson street development. I was getting concerned that it would be forgotten about and never built. First the bad news about the project. As many of you know the Gloria Jean Coffee and Haagen-Dazs in the old Depot closed recently and they are trying to find new tenants for the historic building. There also are plans for 200 condos, a parking garage, and some retail space in a 9 story stepped back building. Those plans are still out there accoring to the Times. They have just been put on hold until the market recovers. This is also the case with St Charles Plaza, which is further east along Dickson. This is the same waiting game that the developers of the Dickson (Mr Tux location) are playing.

More info from the Times: Frisco Depot Condos

It has been over a year since we have posted or even heard anything about this huge Dickson street development. I was getting concerned that it would be forgotten about and never built. First the bad news about the project. As many of you know the Gloria Jean Coffee and Haagen-Dazs in the old Depot closed recently and they are trying to find new tenants for the historic building. There also are plans for 200 condos, a parking garage, and some retail space in a 9 story stepped back building. Those plans are still out there accoring to the Times. They have just been put on hold until the market recovers. This is also the case with St Charles Plaza, which is further east along Dickson. This is the same waiting game that the developers of the Dickson (Mr Tux location) are playing.

Yeah I hadn't heard anything about this for quite a while. I had assumed long ago that the plans were scrapped. I don't even recall seeing any renderings or anything for it either. But at least it's been mentioned as a possibility when the market improves. Seems like everyone is waiting on the Lofts at Underwood Plaza and see how it does.

Archived