Alpine Meijer To Get New Face

Good! Good! Good! Back to single checkout lanes!! I hated the duel ones to begin with. Although kind of a bad time to work up there since we are in the shopping weekend and the store gets busy. I do however want to know how long you had to wait in line at the store to checkout? Maybe by this weekend, they will have most/if not all the lights working on that new drop ceiling. ...

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the interior of the store is the focus of this phase of the renovation and to give an idea of what to expect to Alpine Meijer shoppers unaware of what Meijer's latest store format looks like, here is a Sketchup File illustrating my prediction of the what the store layout shall be like after the renovation is complete.

predictedstorelayoutsk0.jpg

As shown, my prediction is based upon the layout of a new Meijer store, memory of my visit to the Jenison Meijer just after the completion of its renovation, and what I've seen thus far of this store's renovation.. As for whom the in-store tenants shall be after the renovation, that is pretty much a wild card since the front of the store is being drastically reconfigured to accommodate the new grocery and retail entrances. However, I went ahead and tossed in the in-store tenants found at the Standale Meijer at Lake Michigan Dr. and Wilson Ave. The Chase Bank, Guest Services, and Center Entry are retained.

That's almost an exact mirror image of the Knapp's Corner Meijer, except the bakery is between produce and frozen foods. I'm surprised that the layaway area is so large. Does Meijer even do that much layaway anymore?

My one complaint about the layout is that hygene and the pharmacy is way on the opposite side from groceries.

I think the sales floor will be almost as vast as the that of Knapp Corner's as well once the addition is opened to the existing space. As for the Layaway, back when people had more patience and smarts about handling finances and smartly placing big ticket items on layaway instead of driving there credit card debts to the moon by wanting things now, now, now, Meijer's layaway department was open all year and quite busy esp. at the Alpine store. However as of last year the layaway department is only available from October to mid December to accommodate Christmas shoppers. I wish Fred would make layaway full year round again. However running a layaway program from what I understand is costly to a business which is why most retailers no longer offer it.

Going back to store layout, the location of the Pharmacy being at the opposite end of the store from the groceries is my only real qualm about Meijer's new store format. Other than that Alpine Meijer shoppers are going find the store's new layout far easier to navigate than before. Thus merely adapting one shopping strategy can overcome the Pharmacy's location. This is what I do when shopping the Standale Meijer which has its Pharmacy located at the opposite end of the store. I will park at the retail entrance, head to the pharmacy and grab all of my needed products there first, then head over the groceries to take care my food needs. If I have any general merch. on my shopping list I will head to to those departments next. Once my shopping is complete I go through a checkout lane near the retail entrance and then leave via that entrance. If I have a prescription that needs refilling I will drop it off first, do my shopping, then pick it up just before I'm ready to checkout. In short, its Pharmacy first, shopping next, Prescriptions last. When I adopted this strategy I find that shopping the Standale Meijer goes very quickly. Now if we could only make the cashiers there as lighting quick as the speed demons running the Alpine Meijer's registers. :thumbsup:

That's almost an exact mirror image of the Knapp's Corner Meijer, except the bakery is between produce and frozen foods. I'm surprised that the layaway area is so large. Does Meijer even do that much layaway anymore?

My one complaint about the layout is that hygene and the pharmacy is way on the opposite side from groceries.

With the addition rapidly approaching completion and interior work at full speed ahead. Its time for a new prediction of what the Alpine Meijer will look like when the renovation is done. My last post features a predicted layout I created. Building upon that and taking into account the changes made to the Alpine Meijer thus far. Here's a sketchup file of a refined exterior prediction and the interior. Enjoy.

Exterior

alpinemeijerprediction2zj0.jpg

View from Retail Entrance

retailsidewt3.jpg

The south end of the checkout lanes. There will be 31 lanes including the U-Scanners at the north end.

northvorwofcheckoutsgk0.jpg

Looking north up the back concourse from E4

backconcoursehn1.jpg

Looking east down the north concourse towards the new grocery entry

northconcorsetf8.jpg

Looking north east though the produce at the Bakery, Deli, and Cafe. These will take the place of the current locations of the pet supplies, seasonal, and old entry to the old garden center.

bakeydelicafebd3.jpg

This is what upgrading from 209,000 sq. ft. to 229,000 sq. ft. and excellent utilization of space gives you. Looking south west from the bakery at the sales floor with E4 way off in the distance.

salesfloorvb9.jpg

Last but not least, the north end of the check out lanes. Again. There will be 31 of them. Only the Knapp Corner Meijer as more. So there will be no excuse for long lines.

checkoutlanesys9.jpg

Note: I've represented most of the interior fixtures with simple boxes and cylinders to give my CPU a much needed break and most importantly to make it easy to modify my prediction accordingly as the renovation brings on new changes.

With the addition rapidly approaching completion and interior work at full speed ahead. Its time for a new prediction of what the Alpine Meijer will look like when the renovation is done. My last post features a predicted layout I created. Building upon that and taking into account the changes made to the Alpine Meijer thus far. Here's a sketchup file of a refined exterior prediction and the interior. Enjoy.

Exterior

Last but not least, the north end of the check out lanes. Again. There will be 31 of them. Only the Knapp Corner Meijer as more. So there will be no excuse for long lines.

checkoutlanesys9.jpg

Note: I've represented most of the interior fixtures with simple boxes and cylinders to give my CPU a much needed break and most importantly to make it easy to modify my prediction accordingly as the renovation brings on new changes.

When you reply to a post that includes images, please delete the images from within your

boxes. (unless you are pointing out something specific in a specific image). For some people, downloading all those images takes a long time.

pcdoctor, I'll clean up your post this time.

The south stair well I'm predicting will remain in place. However when I took a peek at the demolition work going on at the former pizza place, Purple Cow and optical center, from what I could tell, everything including the mention spaces as well as the walk in Medical Center and Barber shop upstairs where completely gutted and the workers where veraciously attacking the floor deck of the mezzanine. Thus I was able to peer through the interior windows of the pizza place next to the existing grocery entrance through a gaping hole in the mezzanine's floor deck and see sky via the second story windows above. Seeing that much destruction I would be very surprised to see the north stairwell still in place by the time of my next visit which prompted me to place a new north stairwell on the south side of the new grocery entrance.

Pictures look nice, but I don't think they plan to move the stairways at all, so I think the grocery entrance will to the south of the first stairwell closer to where the purple cow was at.

Construction Update:

Anybody that has been through a Meijer renovation before knows that there is a stage in the renovation process on which the fabric of space and time become distorted and things are turned up side down, inside out, and this reality becomes merged with multiple alternate universes thus creating mass chaos and mayhem where merchandise gets shuffled around and put in places where they are least expected and navigating the store is like a journey through the movie "Labyrinth" staring David Bowie. Well, fellow Planeteers, if our Alpine Meijer, in the mist of its renovation, has not officially entered this stage of the Meijer renovation yet. it most certainly has now. With construction spreading through out the interior of the store like wild fire, merchandise has been pushed to the way side by vast spaces sectioned off from the public and under various stages of construction leaving customers to navigate tight aisles. Only the grocery section remains easy to navigate.

Added to the chaos is the fact that half of the checkout lanes are gone, despite new lanes 18 and 19 being added to the reconfiguration from double row to single row. This and a surge of shoppers preparing for Valentines Day observance, has made for some very long lines. 15 minutes was my wait time...at an express lane no less. But all of the new florescent light fixtures in the new drop ceiling taking shape over head are now in working order brightly illuminating the checkout lane area. Also tobacco sales, removed from the promenade and inserted between new lanes 24 and 25, is in working order and open for business. It is being served by the cashiers of those two lanes. A waist high polished chrome gate to the east, the checkout lanes and a battery of open refrigerated soft drink display cabinets encloses the tobacco sales area. Lastly, while overwhelmed cashiers where busily working as fast as they could, construction workers where putting the finishing touches on a new tiled floor where more checkout lanes will be added.

Hemming in the very crowded checkout lane waiting area was the sectioned off area of the north half of the clothing dept in which workers have striped the floor down to bare concrete and where in the beginning stages of installing new tile. One could already see the blue tile, defining the grocery concourse and the checkout lane waiting area, starting to take shape. With all that space cleared of merchandise to make way for work, the south half of the clothing dept. was nearly impossible to enter as it was jammed with displaced clothes racks and display counters.. Only the corridors defining each area of the clothing dept. were easily navigable. Meanwhile, paint work on the ceiling above has more than doubled in size expanding all the way to the back concourse. As the painting of the ceiling progresses its becoming brighter and brighter so I can wait to see how the ceiling will look when its all painted.

During todays' visit I made my way back toward the addition to get another peak at it via Veloise's viewing spot located where the back checkouts use to be. However, workers had put in place some 8' high plywood panels sealing off the view into the addition. But that didn't stop me. So I headed to a spot on the east side of where the old back entry used to be and pressed my face against the plastic and managed to eek out a view of E4 and the future toy department. Paint work along the future toy department's wall is nearing completion while the floor of the addition has been tiled all the way up to the pharmacy, still in the rough stages. However the big news is E4 which has received most of its fixtures and should be set to go active on Thurs. of this week making that section of the addition first to open to the public. :yahoo:

Last but not least is that demolition work to make way for the new grocery entry has begun to break through to the outside as a section of wall about thirty feet south of the existing grocery entry was demolished and the resultant hole plugged up by a plywood temporary wall. Also the covered walkway in front of the new temporary wall has been sectioned off by plywood barricades.

But wait! There's more.

On my way out of the store, I passed by the temporary wall sealing off the mentioned demolition work for the new grocery entry and noticed yellow poster board signs where placed on that wall marking the locations of the future deli and Purple Cow as well as new restroom and new north stairwell to the mezzanine. The Deli and Purple cow will be located at where the existing grocery entry and the former pizza place are at now while the new stair well and restrooms will be located about where the photo studio was was. Also along with poster board signs Meijer is now posting construction updates. More important highlights are that the Vision Center and the Walk-in Medical Care will be returning to the Alpine store sometime this spring. The Walk in Medical Care will be located at the tobacco sales' former location (Ironic, isn't it? :silly: ) while the Vision Center I believe will be located in the former Pac "n' Ship space. To make navigation a bit easier, there is also a map of the store that will be updated as the renovation progresses and departments get moved around.

Now for some Pictures

Some shipping containers I assume to be used to transport new interior fixtures to the store.

shippingcontainersgp0.jpg

Construction work on a 200,000+ sq. ft. building generates a ton of derbies

dumpstersym0.jpg

The existing Grocery Entry and Demolition for a new one breaking through 30 feet down the wall.

groceryentryanddemokc4.jpg

View of the Demolition for the new grocery entry emerging through the wall.

demofornewgroceryentrynz5.jpg

Workers have replaced some of the plastic over the new garden center's canopy. Apparently the recent winter storm brought down the plastic enclosing the entire canopy. Hopefully that will be the only setback during this otherwise stellar renovation.

plasticbackuponcanapyzt5.jpg

Lastly here is view of the back and roof of the store from the MCU parking lot up on the hill.

backsideofstoreex9.jpg

...Anybody that has been through a Meijer renovation before knows that there is a stage in the renovation process on which the fabric of space and time become distorted and things are turned up side down, inside out, and this reality becomes merged with multiple alternate universes thus creating mass chaos and mayhem where merchandise gets shuffled around and put in places where they are least expected and navigating the store is like a journey through the movie "Labyrinth" staring David Bowie. ...

We almost went there to get a few things today, but thank god we didn't go. After reading what today's experience was like, it would probabily would be a store that I avoid for a week or so yet. So they are indeed moving the north stairwell eh?? What makes you think that part of the new expansion will be open by Thursday? Also, where are the lottery tickets located at now? If the walk in medical center is going to be located at the old tobacco counter, where will the retail entry be built at then? Also would they have to do floor work, ceiling work and that type of stuff in the clearance center before opening the e4 dept?

E4 is very close to being done. As far as I can tell, the tile is on the floor, walls and ceiling painted, and display shelves and aisles are in place. All that needs to be done is install light fixtures, apply vinyl graphic decals on the walls, and get the stock on the shelves and that department is all set to go. Also the opening date for the new photo lab, which is located in E4, was on the update Meijer posted on the temporary wall enclosing the demolition work for the new grocery entry. So hopefully by Thursday, we will get at least the new photo lab. But for the public to get to it E4 would have to be opened as well. Once it opens I predict that the rest of addition will open one section at a time from back to front with the pharmacy being last to come on line as drywall has yet to be applied to its stud work. As for the lottery tickets, don't quote me on this one, but its a safe bet that they are at the tobacco sales' new location between checkout lanes 24 and 25, since lotto and tobacco were together in the old location.

The new retail entry will most likely fall between the temporary retail entrance and the tobacco sales former location which makes sense if the new photo lab opens on time. That would clear away the old photo lab so demolition work, to make way for the new retail entrance, can begin.

We almost went there to get a few things today, but thank god we didn't go. After reading what today's experience was like, it would probabily would be a store that I avoid for a week or so yet. So they are indeed moving the north stairwell eh?? What makes you think that part of the new expansion will be open by Thursday? Also, where are the lottery tickets located at now? If the walk in medical center is going to be located at the old tobacco counter, where will the retail entry be built at then? Also would they have to do floor work, ceiling work and that type of stuff in the clearance center before opening the e4 dept?

Did you ever figure out if those new lanes will be the permanent place for the tobacco area or if they will still be temporarily there? Does anyone know if the grocery entry will soon receive paint, lighting fixtures, etc...? Also, the new grocery and retail entrys, how many doors do they plan to build there?

Demolition to make way of the new grocery entrance is still underway and has a long ways to go before construction of the entry can begin while demolistion to make way for the new retail entrance won't begin until the photo lab in E4 is open replacing the old one up front.

Anyway, to help answer your question here's a shot of the new grocery entry of my sketchup file predicting what the Alpine store will look like after the renovation.

newentryjk3.jpg

The two new entries will be very similar to those of the new Ionia Meijer store. There will be a total of four doors, 2 for entering and the other 2 for exiting. The extra doors off to the side are the access doors into the cart warming room. The center entry being retain will be pretty much as they are except for the new facade work that will take place around them. The foyer spaces that will welcome costumers into the store will be two and a half stories high and illuminated by the glass curtain wall enclosing the entrances. The dark area on the floor is a drainage pan to help dry ones shoes or boots while entering the store from bad weather.

As for the tobacco sales between lanes 24 and 25, that location seems to be permanent as my next door neighbor who worked at the Jeinison Meijer during its renovation said the tobacco sales there was inserted between two checkout lanes as well. Speaking of check out lanes I revised the checkout lane area in my prediction model to correct inaccuracies and to reflect the actual changes that have occurred to the area thus far. Also noticed my revised prediction of the in-store tenants in the promenade, shown below, to reflect what I have learn during today's visit to the Alpine Meijer.

reconfiguredcheckoutlanif7.jpg

Did you ever figure out if those new lanes will be the permanent place for the tobacco area or if they will still be temporarily there? Does anyone know if the grocery entry will soon receive paint, lighting fixtures, etc...? Also, the new grocery and retail entrys, how many doors do they plan to build there?

Construction Update:

First of all E4 is not quite open yet. However, the section of temporary wall obscuring E4 has been pulled down exposing that section of the addition to the rest of the store for the first time. With the addition pushing the entire south side of the building outward by 50 feet, the new E4 provides a clear clue as to how vast the sales floor will be when the entire addition is done and opened to the public Also, construction workers were busily working on last minute details on E4 while Meijer team members were moving stock to its shelves and display cabinets. I asked one of the department heads of the store about when E4 would be opened. She told me tomorrow or Saturday. Either way expect E4 to be up and running by the end of the week. :yahoo:

Moving to the east to the toy department, I fond that a worker had left an access panel in the addition's temporary wall, open. So I took a peek inside to see that the space from E4 up to the door leading out to the new garden center, had paint on the walls, tiles on the floor, and new florescent light fixtures on the ceiling. Speaking of lighting, E4 and this section of the addition are very brightly lit. If the rest of the store is going to be this well illuminated , any of the complaints about how poorly lit the Alpine store was will be resoundingly put to rest once and for all.

Moving to the south east corner, I took a peak though a hole torn into the plastic to see that this part of the addition is still in the rough-in stages. In fact, workers were pouring the last section of concrete flooring in the area where the old Retail entrance used to be. Meanwhile, the old photo lab next to the temporary retail entrance along with the old tobacco sales location stands empty as their fate has been sealed by plans to build the new retail entrance (EDIT) and medical center (/Edit) in their place.

As we make our way to northward up the promenade, one will find that Guest Services is receiving a much needed face left. Deep cobalt blue Wallpaper with a "Meijer" logo pattern is being applied to the side and rear walls. Also Lottery sales has been relocated here. As work on Guest Services were under way, the reconfiguration of the checkout lanes from double row to single row now extends to lane 15. Unlike my last visit and thanks to the addition of new lanes, checking out was thankfully a breeze.

The northeast corner, where pet supplies and seasonal are at, saw the aquariums moved next to the bakery. While the birds and small pets have completely vanished (as far as I can tell). These developments have left the east wall of this area bare. Therefore one can assume this wall will demolished to make way for parts of the new deli. Also the space leading out into the old garden center is seeing some demolition work. I'm assuming a new bakery will go in this space.

Going back to the center of the store, finish flouring is currently underway on the north half of the clothing department. The new flooring consists of tiles of greens and blues accenting two different species of wood flooring. Well these are not real wood flooring. Instead, they are really the same type of Congolium titling as the rest of the tiles made to look like real wood. The result is a very warm and inviting space that will really enhance the look of product on display. With one section of this space already completed and merchandise put back in place, navigating the store has become a bit easier....for the time being.

Lastly for the interior work, Layaway was fast succumbing to the relentless effects of demolition as a feeding frenzy of workers armed with sledgehammers and crow bars had put the finishing touches on the complete obliteration of the service desk while clearing the rest of that space of its fixtures. So you might as well scrap your plans to put that 500 dollar exercise machine on Layaway. Seeing the Layaway area being demolished was a surprise to me as I assumed that it would remain untouched by the renovation to cut costs. Such was the case during the renovation of the Jenision store. But the Alpine store renovation has been full of unexpected twists and turns right from the get-go. However its safe to assume that Layaway area of the Alpine store will be made to look like the layaway area of a new Meijer store. It consists of a small service desk off to one side, a pair of restrooms and water fountains on the other side, and double swing back room doors in the center.

Finally, heading outside, one will find that a shade canopy for sensitive plants beginning to take shape at the front end of the new garden center. Meanwhile on the south east corner of the property next to the RAPID bus stop, an excavator had dug a large hole in which workers were pouring some concrete. This work is ether to tie in the property's storm drain upgrades into the city's infrastructure or most likely foundation work for a new street sign.

Now for some pictures.

The shade canopy starting to take shape.

shadecanopytakingshapezk8.jpg

Excavator, Cement truck, and a worker digging and pouring for a possible new sign.

digingforpossiblenewsigvn3.jpg

I went overthere today and a lot has changed from when I was last there. However, I didn't really get to go into some parts of the store because we were in a hurry. The latest lane there is still lane 15, guest services still under construction, the ceiling tiles between the lanes and the store fronts have some different colors and look ugly yet. I didn't get to go down by the e4 department, but still saw workers and a cone in the area looking from the bottle return room, saw TV's from Aisle 9, but were off yet, Also, if you are in the girls clothing department area, one could maybe notice that they are starting to up new florescent light fixtures on the ceiling, but no bulbs in them yet. In the area where the old gardening and seasonal stuff was, they have plant seeds up on the shelves already. We were in a hurry, so didn't get to see much of on the remodel board by the new grocery entrance, but looked at a map of what things may look like and according to the picture, frozen foods would remain where they are currently. Also at the lighting center, lights, fans have come down, the floor with the wood like stuff looks rather nice, nothing there yet though. It still seems like they have a whole ton of work to do over in that area yet. I would like to know when they do plan on taking out the jewelery department and the u-scan lanes near that area and putting the rest of the lanes in? Well that's about all I have to share for now.

Construction Update:

First of all E4 is not quite open yet. However, the section of temporary wall obscuring E4 has been pulled down exposing that section of the addition to the rest of the store for the first time. With the addition pushing the entire south side of the building outward by 50 feet, the new E4 provides a clear clue as to how vast the sales floor will be when the entire addition is done and opened to the public Also, construction workers were busily working on last minute details on E4 while Meijer team members were moving stock to its shelves and display cabinets. I asked one of the department heads of the store about when E4 would be opened. She told me tomorrow or Saturday. Either way expect E4 to be up and running by the end of the week. :yahoo:

Moving to the east to the toy department, I fond that a worker had left an access panel in the addition's temporary wall, open. So I took a peek inside to see that the space from E4 up to the door leading out to the new garden center, had paint on the walls, tiles on the floor, and new florescent light fixtures on the ceiling. Speaking of lighting, E4 and this section of the addition are very brightly lit. If the rest of the store is going to be this well illuminated , any of the complaints about how poorly lit the Alpine store was will be resoundingly put to rest once and for all.

Moving to the south east corner, I took a peak though a hole torn into the plastic to see that this part of the addition is still in the rough-in stages. In fact, workers were pouring the last section of concrete flooring in the area where the old Retail entrance used to be. Meanwhile, the old photo lab next to the temporary retail entrance along with the old tobacco sales location stands empty as their fate has been sealed by plans to build the new retail entrance (EDIT) and medical center (/Edit) in their place.

As we make our way to northward up the promenade, one will find that Guest Services is receiving a much needed face left. Deep cobalt blue Wallpaper with a "Meijer" logo pattern is being applied to the side and rear walls. Also Lottery sales has been relocated here. As work on Guest Services were under way, the reconfiguration of the checkout lanes from double row to single row now extends to lane 15. Unlike my last visit and thanks to the addition of new lanes, checking out was thankfully a breeze.

The northeast corner, where pet supplies and seasonal are at, saw the aquariums moved next to the bakery. While the birds and small pets have completely vanished (as far as I can tell). These developments have left the east wall of this area bare. Therefore one can assume this wall will demolished to make way for parts of the new deli. Also the space leading out into the old garden center is seeing some demolition work. I'm assuming a new bakery will go in this space.

Going back to the center of the store, finish flouring is currently underway on the north half of the clothing department. The new flooring consists of tiles of greens and blues accenting two different species of wood flooring. Well these are not real wood flooring. Instead, they are really the same type of Congolium titling as the rest of the tiles made to look like real wood. The result is a very warm and inviting space that will really enhance the look of product on display. With one section of this space already completed and merchandise put back in place, navigating the store has become a bit easier....for the time being.

Lastly for the interior work, Layaway was fast succumbing to the relentless effects of demolition as a feeding frenzy of workers armed with sledgehammers and crow bars had put the finishing touches on the complete obliteration of the service desk while clearing the rest of that space of its fixtures. So you might as well scrap your plans to put that 500 dollar exercise machine on Layaway. Seeing the Layaway area being demolished was a surprise to me as I assumed that it would remain untouched by the renovation to cut costs. Such was the case during the renovation of the Jenision store. But the Alpine store renovation has been full of unexpected twists and turns right from the get-go. However its safe to assume that Layaway area of the Alpine store will be made to look like the layaway area of a new Meijer store. It consists of a small service desk off to one side, a pair of restrooms and water fountains on the other side, and double swing back room doors in the center.

Finally, heading outside, one will find that a shade canopy for sensitive plants beginning to take shape at the front end of the new garden center. Meanwhile on the south east corner of the property next to the RAPID bus stop, an excavator had dug a large hole in which workers were pouring some concrete. This work is ether to tie in the property's storm drain upgrades into the city's infrastructure or most likely foundation work for a new street sign.

Construction Update:

PCdoctor pretty much nailed today's updates. However during my visit about half of the TV's in E4 where on and team members where about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through stocking the shelves. Also a plastic curtain was hung over the old tobacco sales space. So demolition of that space and the old photo lab to make way for the new retail entrance and the return of the walk-in medical center maybe drawing near. Moving to the north east, the wall, where the small pets and aquariums where located, had plastic up and was in the beginning stages of demolition. This location will become a part of the new deli. Lastly a section of ceiling over the former location of the back checkout lanes, the existing paint dept, and a portion of the existing automotive dept. has been painted and new light fixtures, running parallel to the back wall of the sales floor were being installed.

As for the jewelery dept, PCdoctor, expect that to be pushed thirty or so feet southward to make way for the rest of the checkout lanes yet to be added. Gifts and Greeting Cards along with the Floral Dept. are likely to be along side the jewelry dept. in welcoming guests onto a new south concourse and retail end of the store.

Here is a Sketchup File of my revision's to my prediction model's promenade. As seen here I had to correct the location of the south stair well by moving it to its actual position next to Guest Services. Also I've added the corridor just south of the stair well which leads to the elevator. While I was at it, I placed the Medical Center in former location of tobacco sales as called for by the renovation. Then I turned my attention upstairs by adding more details to the mezzanine and corrected inaccuracies in the positioning of the doors. Last but not least, I created a ceiling panel texture in Photoshop and applied it to the drop ceilings over the promenade and checkouts. The result is hopefully a fairly accurate prediction of what the promenade will look like after the renovation.

Enjpy.

revisedprominadegz4.jpg

As for the jewelery dept, PCdoctor, expect that to be pushed thirty or so feet southward to make way for the rest of the checkout lanes yet to be added. Gifts and Greeting Cards along with the Floral Dept. are likely to be along side the jewelry dept. in welcoming guests onto a new south concourse and retail end of the store.

Here you go.

prominadenorthendwg5.jpg

I had 5 Star in the model from the start since its still open. So I should have posted this image along with the image in my previous post.

OK. So then, from what I can predict. That may not take place for a while yet unless they are going to close the jewelry department down soon to build the remainder of the lanes and then open up the jewelry dept later on. Also on the mezzanine, still looked like that five star place is open yet. Now, is their a chance of creating a sketch of the map that was on that one wall of what the store will look like soon?

Archived